Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Anybody BWS kites??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
mlwahler

Since 28 Dec 2007
174 Posts

Stoked

PostTue Feb 09, 16 2:32 pm    Anybody BWS kites?? Reply with quote

Anybody have any feedback on noise pro kites... I was on wainmans forever and loved them. I on 2015 envys now and am not a big fan. Thinking of trying BWS noise pros. I know they are labeled as wave kites but I'm hoping and wondering if they are a good free ride kite? Looking for a kite that will go upwind very well , boost and Cruze in waves,,, any feedback is great

scottnorby

Since 23 Sep 2005
538 Posts
Cascadia - Seattle - Encinitas
Addicted

PostTue Feb 09, 16 8:43 pm     Reply with quote

15 envys? We definitely get accustomed to specific kite flying patterns. But I think the 2016's are amazing. Just got a 9 --2 months ago. In 20 plus --gusty---in the sound--it has surprisingly predictable and smooth delivery.

May be hard to convince you because of your distaste---- but the LF wow wave kite is unreal. Great cruze, amazing in waves, and good boost. Excels in waves, chop and cruising. Rode one a month ago and immediately was sold. Kiting in ocean waves the last 10 years ---I wish I would have always had a wow kite.

Getting a 13.5 for the summer on the coast.
At least check it out. All the talk about the solo may have drowned out the wow kites potential.....LF nailed this kite for waves.

Cush skinned boards
Soft shell outside - eps and basalt cloth inside
Memory foam rails

dangler

Since 26 Feb 2006
1742 Posts
WINDY SPOTS
XTreme Poster

PostFri Feb 12, 16 1:21 pm    Imma fan Reply with quote

Gotta 1+ the LF. I'm making the switch this year. I'm thinkin WOW's for me. The Envey might not be yur cuppa tea, but coming off of Rabbits as you are, it's a tough match cuz the Wainmans are kinda unique in today's market. Super low aspect kite. You mostly ride surf?
The WOW looks right to me. Between high an mid aspect (hidspect?) thinned down leading edge, (it's amazing what losing a little beef from the front of a kite does for performance). Looking forward to trying em.
Only two weeks to unofficial Spring. Bring it Summer!

juandesooka

Since 21 Jan 2014
96 Posts

PostMon Feb 15, 16 7:49 am    BWS Reply with quote

I have ridden BWS Noises for a few years and recently switched quiver over to Noise Pros. Too early to give an expert review but I like them so far. Very stable, great drift. They jump ok, but not the best around by any means, not made for that.

Their new kite, Aeneema, is designed to be more of an all-rounder rather than wave specific. You may want to consider that one. (and for the odd name....it's a Tool song)

Derp

Since 02 Sep 2009
11 Posts

PostMon Feb 15, 16 10:08 am     Reply with quote

I'm a big fan of BWS kites. The BWS kites cannot be beat in the surf, but they also work great for anyone who wants a super stable kite that is stupid easy to fly.

The noise pro sits a litter deeper in the window and has a larger than average leading edge. This makes the kites super stable. Bar pressure is just enough to let you know where the kite is but you can still easily fly one handed.

I recently upgraded to their new TDZ kites. The TDZ is basically the Nosie pro with a new no-pulley bridle. The TDZ kites have a shorter bar throw (you don't need a depower cleat anymore) and they are faster and more responsive. For me the TDZ kites are nirvana. Perfect speed and turning that allows for a tight pivot turn of more of an arching power turn. The depower is very on/off which I really like.

I have not tried the new AEnema kites but I understand they fly further forward in the wind window, have better upwind and are a bit more of an all around kite or an onshore wave kite.

All BWS kites that I have flown jump great.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: