Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

BVI hotels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
honda1

Since 11 Sep 2013
183 Posts

Stoked

PostThu Sep 03, 15 11:35 pm    BVI hotels Reply with quote

Anyone have any secrwts or inside tracks to staying in bvi? A group of us arw going down in jan to kite for a week. That time of the year is their peak season and hotels are about 600 to 800 a night. I dont think they have any thing like a holiday inn express. Any help would be appreciative. I have some room reserved but dont really want to spend several thousand on rooms for the trip.

Thanks

ldhr

Since 21 Jul 2009
1471 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostFri Sep 04, 15 8:22 am     Reply with quote

did you try airbnb and vrbo ?

honda1

Since 11 Sep 2013
183 Posts

Stoked

PostFri Sep 04, 15 8:36 am    hotel Reply with quote

I will now....thanks

voy-tech

Since 08 Apr 2014
372 Posts
Seattle
Obsessed

CGKA Member

PostFri Sep 04, 15 9:27 am     Reply with quote

If you want to use airbnb, you're welcome to use a referral which will give both of us $20 off next booking: www.airbnb.com/c/wpowiertowski?s=8

Larry Pinta

Since 21 Aug 2013
57 Posts

PostFri Sep 04, 15 12:31 pm     Reply with quote

Spent two weeks last spring sailing around the BVI's kiting and enjoying the small kite scene.

Where are you thinking of staying? Not a lot of kite spots that are readily accessible with hotels close by.

Bitter End Yacht Club would be the best bet if you were looking to stay in a hotel, close to kiting.

Let me know if you want more details

kassak

Since 18 May 2010
107 Posts

Stoked

PostFri Sep 04, 15 8:20 pm     Reply with quote

Most of the kiting is really only accessible by boat. Beach access is very limited if you don't own the property. Don't be fooled by that video of Saba rock. The kiting can be fun in there but it's basically an overpriced rock.

Rent a boat, sail or power, its way more cost effective and fun. We rented a 40 ft monohull with three state rooms and went everywhere although the island group isn't that big. Conch yacht charters is who we used. Moorings is the big company.

Check out Anegada, an island that's about 12 miles north of the main group surrounded by reef. it's supposed to have good kiting...

If you scuba go dive the Rhone. It's an amazing wreck in very shallow water which is in great shape. We dive with someone that leaves from bitter end yacht club

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: