Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Liquid Force Foil Board
Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
chipper

Since 16 Jan 2014
25 Posts
United States

PostThu Dec 25, 14 12:21 am    Liquid Force Foil Board Reply with quote

Just got a liquid force foilboard and love it. Very beginner friendly and much cheaper than most other ones.

There nothing like floating above the water and having no chop and having a very quiet ride.

Here is a good review http://greenhatkiteboarding.com/news/2014/liquid-force-foil-board-full-review/

10845906_10152382856777924_1869995791586358585_n.jpg 

macgruber

Since 06 Dec 2011
490 Posts
SE PDX volcano
Obsessed

PostThu Dec 25, 14 9:26 am    LF foil Reply with quote

Saw they had one of their prototypes in 2nd Wind cheap.

Sol-flyer

Since 21 Mar 2006
1280 Posts
Dude, where's my Bus?
Otto Mann

PostThu Dec 25, 14 1:36 pm     Reply with quote

Yup 2nd wind has the LF foil. Pretty sweet setup!

stringy

Since 23 Jun 2006
1724 Posts
vancouver
XTreme Poster

PostFri Dec 26, 14 6:41 am    Re: LF foil Reply with quote

macgruber wrote:
Saw they had one of their prototypes in 2nd Wind cheap.

You probably saw some other foils that Pepi had on hand.
LF just started shipping fun foils right before Christmas! I have one down here in la ventana until I hand it over to palapas ventana as a baja demo on January 3rd. If you are down here and would like to check it out I'll be the guy out foiling in front with everyone else sitting and watching from the beach. Very Happy

Come on up to el sargento between la ventana bay resort and mokies and I'll have it available for demo and a little coaching.

Ps learn the whole fish story below
http://issuu.com/liquidforcekb/docs/2015_liquidforce_foil_story_large

wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1634 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostFri Dec 26, 14 7:12 am     Reply with quote

Thanks Jim
I will post my noobie review from La Ventana here in a week or two. I have purchased the FoilFish setup with these criteria in mind:
1) I've been watching for something new as I sometimes get bored with my "back & forth".
2) Intrigued by the "magic carpet ride" comments
3) Light Wind.... live 6 months in Tacoma with barely capping wind most summer days, and 6 months in Mainland Mexico with barely capping winds of 12-14
4) Knees just turned 65 y.o and TT time is almost zero these days for knee pain from chop pounding.

Mas Tarde
Kip

eabmoto

Since 10 May 2012
106 Posts
seattle
Stoked

PostFri Dec 26, 14 9:21 am     Reply with quote

I'm picking up my new foil at 2nd wind on Sat. I watched the foils, up here in Seattle, all last summer, kiteing with 11-12m kites, while I had to watch from the beach. I'm looking forward to being out there with them.

BeerKite

Since 29 Mar 2011
471 Posts

Obsessed

PostFri Dec 26, 14 5:21 pm     Reply with quote

Viva la foil revolution!

Pepi

Since 16 Jun 2006
1831 Posts
Pure Stoke Sports
Shop Owner

CGKA Member

PostSat Dec 27, 14 12:39 am     Reply with quote

As Jim had mentioned, we have both the Liquid Force Kitefoil and the Stringyfoils on display and for sale at 2nd Wind Sports.

We have been selling and demoing the Stringyfoils since August with a ton of success in hooking advanced riders with the addiction of foiling (foils ridden by myself, Gman, Stringy, Ron, Kiter Joe, Bam, Matt, Mark, etc...)
The LF Kitefoils arrived this month on an extremely limited basis via a direct airshipment form the factory (all presold and now with customers). We expect the regular inventory shipments to begin arriving early in January.

To clear the air on pricing, here are the prices for the foils and boards :

KITEFOILS :
Stringyfoil Foil Set(30" or 36" mast) w/mounting hardware - $999
LF Kite Foil Set (36" mast) w/mounting hardware and travel case - $1149

FOILBOARDS :
LF Closeout Kitefish - (MSRP$449) - $279 as part of kitefoil pkg (Depending on availability, and requires drilling/mounting installation - we offer this as a free service on foil pkg purchases)
LF Foilfish - $449 (factory reinforced and predrilled specifically for kitefoil) Call for foil pkg pricing

lf foil display at shop.jpg 
   Stingyfoil display 1b.jpg 
   Stingyfoil display pair 2b.jpg 
   Stingyfoil display pair 3b.jpg 
   stringyfoil 9 29 14 7.jpg 
   stringyfoil 9 30 14 2.jpg 

www.Purestokesports.com

Last edited by Pepi on Fri Mar 06, 15 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total

eabmoto

Since 10 May 2012
106 Posts
seattle
Stoked

PostSat Dec 27, 14 3:52 pm     Reply with quote

I just left 2nd wind with my Stringy foil, the one with the blue wings in the picture. It looks awesome, and I can't wait to figure these out. Stringy has made an awesome product.

stringy

Since 23 Jun 2006
1724 Posts
vancouver
XTreme Poster

PostWed Dec 31, 14 3:51 am     Reply with quote

Great write up in the industry section by Andy who runs kitepaddlesurf out of Bellingham Washington

http://www.nwkite.com/forums/t-35022.html

stringy

Since 23 Jun 2006
1724 Posts
vancouver
XTreme Poster

PostThu Jan 01, 15 8:02 am     Reply with quote

"just slap a foil on it"
ride it with straps or without, extend your session...

Mark

Since 20 Jun 2005
3677 Posts
I need my fix because I'm a
Naishaholic

PostWed Jan 14, 15 6:33 pm     Reply with quote

Have the stringy foil on a liquid force fish from Pepi. Down in La Ventana, have been having a blast. Fun setup. Ride the Magic Carpet!

www.naishkites.com

stringy

Since 23 Jun 2006
1724 Posts
vancouver
XTreme Poster

PostThu Jan 15, 15 7:53 am     Reply with quote

Mark wrote:
Have the stringy foil on a liquid force fish from Pepi. Down in La Ventana, have been having a blast. Fun setup. Ride the Magic Carpet!

yeah mark!
baja really is the place to learn your foiling. safe, warm waters and plenty of demos/instruction available down there.
foiling is really gonna open up kiting to more days on the water. it's already being proven this winter, mainly at the PDX airport. I was thinking yesterday while I was out foiling how difficult that place is to ride on an easterly wind with the river current. not a factor anymore with a foil board.
I'm headed back down to baja next month for some more warm water foiling if you are down there and want to try it, hit me up.,

tekko

Since 20 Feb 2006
376 Posts
White Salmon
Liquid Force

PostSat Jan 17, 15 8:50 am     Reply with quote

Super fun times foiling down in La Ventana!!

We have been hosting informal 'Foil Fun Times' gatherings at Palapas Ventana mon/wed/fri 10-noon. Great times for people to come learn tips, technique, have some hands on with foils, demos, sharing of experiences, etc. Open forum for sharing the #foilstoke!!

Worked on some tricks the other day with boots on the foil. Gave me the confidence necessary to start trying to buck back/front rolls and grabbed pop tricks.

Yesterday I was inspired by another guy to give strapless a go! A whole new world, but super fun, despite being challenging! Gonna put the helmet on again and work on foiling gybes, as things get crazy when strapless and going for it.. lots of flying ax blades.

Anyone coming to La Ventana during Jan is welcome to come join our foil gatherings and get your foil on!!

Check my base... I mean wings
 Check my base... I mean wings  GOPR6780-22.jpg 
#gaylie!  Ha, something else gone wrong, but giving me ideas for possible future unhooked tricks...
 #gaylie! Ha, something else gone wrong, but giving me ideas for possible future unhooked tricks...  GOPR8953-2.jpg 
Foil Indy
 Foil Indy  GOPR7384-22.jpg 
Foil Backroll Tailgrab
 Foil Backroll Tailgrab  GOPR8404-22.jpg 

bwd

Since 04 Aug 2007
385 Posts

Obsessed

PostSat Jan 17, 15 9:57 am     Reply with quote

Stringy or anyone who can say:
What are the surf fins on the paipo in the Maui beach shot?
I would totally pimp my paipo with an awesome stringyfoil, $$ allowing but for now I am just looking for some new fins for light/upwind on the paipo that will improve on my 2" ramps an 2.5" surf dog keels. If I can't find something I may drill out some regular ft surf fins, anyway sorry for the topic drift, foils are awesome!
Maybe foiling by summer......

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostSat Jan 17, 15 11:34 am     Reply with quote

Mark wrote:

Thumb's Up

eabmoto

Since 10 May 2012
106 Posts
seattle
Stoked

PostSat Jan 17, 15 1:21 pm     Reply with quote

Bwd, that looks like a liquid force logo on the side of that fin. Slingshot sells a set of surf fins with that hole pattern as well. BRM sells the fins separately that he uses on his paipo. They get me upwind pretty good.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: