Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Camping at Roosevelt?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
jeff Blackman

Since 09 Jul 2009
77 Posts
hood river

PostWed Aug 27, 14 5:37 pm    Camping at Roosevelt? Reply with quote

Has any one camped at Roosevelt as of late? Is the grass mowed? Are the rattle snakes gone?

SpaceRacer

Since 04 Nov 2007
434 Posts

Obsessed

PostThu Aug 28, 14 8:24 am     Reply with quote

Oh yes, and they killed the birds so they won't shit on your kite. Trimmed the trees. Paved the parking lot. Shot the stray deer. Raked the beach. And killed the algae blooms. It's ready for you.

lekaks

Since 02 Apr 2008
151 Posts
Hood River, OR
Stoked

PostThu Aug 28, 14 9:45 am     Reply with quote

We camped there last weekend. Grass is mowed but brown and the rattle snakes have all been removed from the kids playground. The only thing I saw that was a little odd was this filthy looking overweight raccoon who sat on the pick nick tables making these rude clicking sounds and scratching at his belly every time a girl in a bikini walked by. My wife thought it was cute, but I swear to god the last time I walked by him the bastard winked at me, grabbed his stinking little package and gave me the finger. BEWARE!

Moto

Since 03 Sep 2006
2698 Posts
Still a gojo pimp!
Moto Mouth

PostThu Aug 28, 14 3:52 pm     Reply with quote

lekaks wrote:
The only thing I saw that was a little odd was this filthy looking overweight raccoon who sat on the pick nick tables making these rude clicking sounds and scratching at his belly every time a girl in a bikini walked by. My wife thought it was cute, but I swear to god the last time I walked by him the bastard winked at me, grabbed his stinking little package and gave me the finger. BEWARE!

Sounds like some kiters I know - did he have glaucoma and carry a MMJ card?

skent

Since 08 Aug 2011
170 Posts
North Bend, WA & Lyle, WA
Stoked

PostSun Aug 31, 14 9:09 am     Reply with quote

Anyone been to Roosevelt this Labor Day weekend? Has is it been crowded? Has the main parking lot been full?

CGKA Member

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: