Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

sent jumps on RPM's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
DavidT

Since 30 Oct 2010
17 Posts
Vancouver, BC, Canada

PostMon Jun 09, 14 11:00 pm    sent jumps on RPM's Reply with quote

I've just started using an RPM kite which I'm liking overall. The one thing that I'm having trouble with is with sent jumps. My timing feels way off with the RPM, is it normal to have to send the kite way past 12' in the opposite direction or am I just not edging against the kite enough? Maybe it's just my inexperience, but I'd appreciate any general knowledge related to how RPM's fly.
Thanks

consumer

Since 28 Nov 2010
406 Posts
banned
Obsessed

PostTue Jun 10, 14 6:28 am     Reply with quote

what size were you on? Are you sure you were on the same line lengths?

ldhr

Since 21 Jul 2009
1473 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostTue Jun 10, 14 6:32 am     Reply with quote

depends what type of jump you're trying to accomplish....
if you just want to boost high and land soft, yes it's normal to send the kite to 12 o'clock - or just past. As you start to drop - sheet in and aggressively bring the kite forward (yank the bar with your front hand) to soften your landing and keep your forward momentum.

if you want to do wake style jumps and tricks, you can keep your kite low and boost using the load and pop method. (google if you don't understand this concept).

as you progress and get a better feel for the load and pop you'll find that you no longer send the kite past 12 o'clock. (not that there's anything wrong with that).

I fly RPMs. They respond well to aggressive handling - you can really yank on the bar.... send it to boost and yank on it to bring it back to normal position.... or not... depending on your level of expertise and what style you prefer.

lastly - if the kite is going too far and moving too fast when you send it.... move the outside lines in a knot or 2 to slow down the responsiveness.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: