Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Kiteboarding Gear Lost in Fire: Can You Help?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Smithell

Since 20 May 2012
2 Posts
Portland

PostSun May 20, 12 1:40 pm    Kiteboarding Gear Lost in Fire: Can You Help? Reply with quote

Can you help?

My name is Jessica Cruz and I am writing on behalf of my husband, Elvis Cruz. I met my husband in the Dominican Republic while taking a kite boarding lesson. After three years in his home town of Cabarete, we got married and came back to the States so I could complete a Master’s program in midwifery. One year into the program, 5 days ago, our home burnt to the ground in a major condo complex fire. Unfortunately, we did not have renters insurance. We are part of a community in Portland that has been incredibly giving and supportive in our time of need and for that we are eternally grateful. The biggest loss, however, was Elvis’s kite boarding equipment. Kite boarding is not only a passion for Elvis, but functions as a connection to his home in Cabarete. At this point, we do not know how we will replace these important possessions and are writing to you all for help. What we lost was an 8 meter kite, a wet suit (size 132/133 bottoms, med top), and a 132 cm kite board. If you have anything like this lying around unused or know of someone who does please contact us at schindje@ohsu.edu or call me at 831-902-0780. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this.

“The life I touch for good or ill will touch another life, and that in turn another, until who knows where the trembling stops or in what far place my touch will be felt.” -- Frederick Buechner

jessica and elvis.jpg 

KooKiter

Since 20 Jul 2009
59 Posts

PostSun May 20, 12 5:50 pm     Reply with quote

Sorry for your loss. I hope you gain back some toys quickly. This is a great reminder/wake up call to those of you that do not have renter's insurance.... it is only about $10 a month......

A.K.

Since 01 Jul 2006
190 Posts

Stoked

PostSun May 20, 12 9:18 pm     Reply with quote

Here are a couple of options:

- It just so happens I have a 7M and a 9M Slingshot Rev (kites and bar/lines) sitting unused. You are welcome to use them for this season.

- Coincidentally I have a 2 bedroom 1.5 bath duplex apartment unit for rent - walking distance from the complex in Multnomah Village that burned down. So if you are looking for an apartment to rent in the neighborhood let me know.

- Ironically I host a Dominican Bachata dance party once a month. So come on by and party with us - this is the real Caberete style.

A.K.

Sella

Since 21 Apr 2007
1794 Posts
Doin' The Dalles
FLY'IN HIGH PIE GUY

PostSun May 20, 12 10:42 pm     Reply with quote

A.K. wrote:

- It just so happens I have a 7M and a 9M Slingshot Rev (kites and bar/lines) sitting unused. You are welcome to use them for this season.

- Coincidentally I have a 2 bedroom 1.5 bath duplex apartment unit for rent - walking distance from the complex in Multnomah Village that burned down. So if you are looking for an apartment to rent in the neighborhood let me know.

- Ironically I host a Dominican Bachata dance party once a month. So come on by and party with us - this is the real Caberete style.

A.K.

Thumb's Up Thumb's Up

ecameron

Since 29 Jul 2009
90 Posts
PDX

PostSun May 20, 12 11:38 pm     Reply with quote

A.K. wrote:

A.K.

Ahh. Damn, A.K. you are chill.

marina

Since 16 Jan 2006
150 Posts
California coast
Stoked

PostMon May 21, 12 6:01 am     Reply with quote

Elvis is an amazingly kind, hard working person and worked for me when I was partners at Kitexcite in the DR. If you can help him out, please do:)

I am coming up to Hood River around July 12 for KB4C and RoShamBo. I know it's a ways off but please call me at 805.459.2373 or email marina at thekiteboarder.com to let me know what else he needs and I will see what I have to bring up. For instance, I have 8-10m EH Kites and a 132 LF board (Old Aura, it's pink but great board). I also have an old medium DK harness (from the DR! haha) that he is welcome to....

Check out our new instruction resource
site, www.thekiteboarderschool.com

Smithell

Since 20 May 2012
2 Posts
Portland

PostMon May 21, 12 4:18 pm    Thank you! Reply with quote

We are so grateful for your generosity! We have responded via email to each of you. Hopefully you'll spot Elvis back out on the water soon Smile

stevegriffith22

Since 14 May 2006
434 Posts

Obsessed

PostMon May 21, 12 9:32 pm     Reply with quote

WOW AK!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: