Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

POOP GONE WILD 2
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
surfncap

Since 06 Mar 2007
77 Posts
NE

PostSat May 31, 08 4:58 am    scoop da poop Reply with quote

When i bring my dog I always pickup his and bring extra bags to get others crap. I keep him on leash near kites. Seems like most kiters are pretty good. A dog tried to piss on my kite, so my wife yelled at it and the owner acted all offended. They were even kiters which made it seem bizare that they wouldnt understand!

kitechica

Since 15 Jan 2006
8 Posts

Kook

PostSat May 31, 08 6:59 am    weekend warriors Reply with quote

I love it when the Portland 9-5er's come to town and get their panties in a bunch over dog poop. Crying or Very sad Go back to the suburbs if you can't handle it.

I pick up my poop. But I don't like dog haters... I'm more inclined to leave my shit just to piss you off.

lance_k

Since 04 May 2005
561 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostSat May 31, 08 7:08 am    Re: I got to tell ya!! It's just wrong to let Dogs crap and Reply with quote

bulae99 wrote:
Pick it up. If you love your Dog so much that you have to bring it to the spit to share the love with us and then you let it crap everywhere and justify it because of Goose Roca then you are a lazy mfer.
It's just not fun to step on dog granola in bare feet while launching a kite. It's not safe for the Dogs either. It's just not right. My toe pick was far more decent than letting a dog crap and then not picking it up. Don't you agree???

hey i pick up my dog crap. i pick up any dog poo i see when i'm at it too. did i say i didn't? Rolling Eyes

like forrest gump said- "shit happens." sometimes it's dog poop and other times it's goose poop. learning to deal with life's challenges is the lesson- maybe man's best friend is here to help us learn it.

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostSat May 31, 08 8:30 am    Re: weekend warriors Reply with quote

kitechica wrote:
I love it when the Portland 9-5er's come to town and get their panties in a bunch over dog poop. Crying or Very sad Go back to the suburbs if you can't handle it.

I pick up my poop. But I don't like dog haters... I'm more inclined to leave my shit just to piss you off.

Actually this thread was started by locals.

Did everyone say their piece so we can have peace? Very Happy

windslayer

Since 30 Apr 2007
153 Posts

Stoked

PostSat May 31, 08 8:43 am     Reply with quote

To be quite honest, a dog with muddy paws walked on my kite yesterday while I was trying to pump it up, and the owner IS a part of the kite industry down at the spit. I feel that please keep an eye on your dog and pick up the pooo if you have a dog. I chose not to have a dog cause I dont have time to be responsible with all the things you have and get to do. Some day!!! And certainly I am not ready to be anyone elses dog caretaker.

Please dont anyone take offence to this thred, cause i know that shit (funy haha) gets out of hand and some of you are my friends. For the most part, owners are doing fairly well in their responsibilites,,,,,,,,,its the few that arent that are wreking it for the others.

Thanks a ton for your time and efforts in this thred. Some are funny!!!

windslayer

Since 30 Apr 2007
153 Posts

Stoked

PostSat May 31, 08 8:47 am     Reply with quote

Oh OH OH....and my kite cliped a dog while launching yesterday.......

And I am a local working this thred. Its also not just the spit.......My windsurf sail was a fighting ground a few years ago at the hatch, then at the event site, an unleashed dog jumped on the picnic table and munch on my lunch right out of my hand!!!!

tory

Since 08 Apr 2007
14 Posts
Hood River, OR

PostSat May 31, 08 8:49 am     Reply with quote

poop poop pooop pooooooop poooop poop poop poop poop poop pooop poop poop pooop pooop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop so fun to say

KidCorporate

Since 10 Jul 2007
563 Posts

Addicted

PostSat May 31, 08 9:11 am     Reply with quote

Brand X poop is much better than Brand Y poop.

blowhard

Since 26 Dec 2005
2025 Posts

Windward

PostSat May 31, 08 10:25 am     Reply with quote

while minding the beach yesterday in bare feet
I was doing a little survey and most of the hard chunks in the sand would appear to be
dog
SHIT
Probably mostly my wifes' dog

I read where a good quanity of the fecal matter in the local waters is also dog shit

and remember your river ends up on my beach as well
probably why S. coast waters are so much clearer

forrest

Since 21 Jun 2005
4329 Posts
Hood River
Hick

CGKA Member

PostSat May 31, 08 1:00 pm     Reply with quote

The decision to adopt the policies of the Port and make a stab at enforcing them was made by unanimous decision by the CGKA at the last board meeting. Meeting notes will be posted, and you will see that I made the motion to get this ball rolling. The reason for getting this rolling wasn't actually dog waste, but dog behavior, but the dog waste seems to be the biggest issue for most people.

Feel free to point all your comments my way and we can come up with a better set of policies and get the Port to adopt them.

GSD

Since 30 Jun 2007
11 Posts
The Spit

PostSat May 31, 08 5:31 pm    Re: weekend warriors Reply with quote

kitechica wrote:
I love it when the Portland 9-5er's come to town ... I'm more inclined to leave my shit just to piss you off.

Woof Woof. I'll make sure my owner picks mine up from the spit and drops off in your yard on my way back to PDX in my 10mpg SUV.

My owner loves it when people start with the "PDX don't come our way" threads and hope someone starts the "Don't post pics of local spots" thread too. Its about the right time of year for them.

Opie

Since 01 Jun 2008
1 Posts

PostSun Jun 01, 08 10:03 am     Reply with quote

this thread is woof Laughing

boredbrain

Since 16 Feb 2006
352 Posts
Hood River
Obsessed

PostSun Jun 01, 08 10:16 am    Poop = Worms Reply with quote

Been to a Vet lately? Amazing how easy it is to get worms from dog poop.

I guess wearing booties is probably the best thing I do.

hamlindp

Since 09 Feb 2007
358 Posts
I aint no lawnmowin' pump kite parker, I'm that dadgum
Channel Marker

PostSun Jun 01, 08 10:37 am     Reply with quote

Oh! Right on! Check this out: I just came to the enlightenment that poop spelled backwards is just the same as when you say it backwards.

Is that sickly notoriuos, or what?

shastadogs2

Since 28 Mar 2005
336 Posts

Obsessed

PostSun Jun 01, 08 2:02 pm     Reply with quote

need some frickin' wind.
the lunatics are runnin' the assylum.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: