Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Vegas '06 and Ken Winner Interview

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
wheels

Since 14 May 2005
29 Posts

PostTue Nov 08, 05 1:07 pm    Vegas '06 and Ken Winner Interview Reply with quote

Hello my fellow NW kiters,

I recently learned something which I thought would be worth sharing with the NW kiting community. Some of you may already know this, but Ken Winner--the designer of North Kites-- was recently interviewed on an Action Sports News podcast (AS news). Thought some of you might be interested in hearing the interview. Ryan Riccitelli (the editor The Kiteboarder magazine, former editor of Kiteboarding magazine) conducted the interview and they spend some time covering the new North Vegas kite (the Vegas ’06) including its performance compared to bow/flat/SLE kites.

The interview will appear on the main page of www.kbmag.com, until the next podcast is produced, which I think will be next Friday. Then the interview will be in the podcast archives; this is episode 10. When you open the page, some media player software will appear (already integrated) into the website and the podcast show will start automatically when you visit the website. The controls are on the right side of the screen.

Ken's interview is about half way through the show, so here are some tips for skipping the first part and going straight to Ken's segment:

It may take a minute or so to load the interview to start with (times will vary depending on your connection speed).

Ken Winners interview starts at 00:36:50, and you can fast forward to that point, but do not use the fast forward, rewind buttons. If you use them, you will skip from one podcast episode to the next. So here's what you do:

To the right of the button controls (play, pause, stop, forward, rewind) there is a progress indicator--which is a line with a box on it--and all you have to do is click the little square, hold it, and drag it down the line. You must drag the square.

In the bottom right corner of the media controls the time will appear, so as you drag the box to seek forward, stop dragging when you get to 36:50, or a little bit before.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the podcast if you choose to listen to it!

Good Winds,
-Brian Wheeler-

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostTue Nov 08, 05 2:55 pm     Reply with quote

Here's a direct link to the mp3:
http://www.kbmag.com/ASNEWS.NET/podcast10.mp3

I posted this a few days ago, but it seems to have already fallen into 2nd page obscurity. Very Happy

It is a really interesting interview though, worth a second mention for sure!

Thanks Brian!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: