Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Raindog Bounty for a South Sauvie Sesh!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2575 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostTue Apr 12, 05 10:03 am    Raindog Bounty for a South Sauvie Sesh! Reply with quote

I am stuck today, but these southerlies have to be getting into Sauvies! I will sport an ice cold Raindog pounder to whoever can claim the first southerly SI session!

Sasqrotch, get out thurrrrr!

PostTue Apr 12, 05 11:24 am     Reply with quote

who ever does go out, one thing is for sure, that water is going to be mud brown and smell like ASS-crotch.

Make it a "Green Death" Rainier Ale 40z and I'll thing about. Its thick, tasty, lots of bang for the oz and it makes a great disinfecting wash for sewer water. Razz

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2575 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostTue Apr 12, 05 12:18 pm     Reply with quote

Fair enough, it's really coming down out there. The CSO (combined sewer overflow) up's the bounty to a 40oz.

HeeeeyAAAA!

bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostTue Apr 12, 05 12:45 pm     Reply with quote

Caught the Slither in the act of dodging barges and sneaking up on poor unsuspecting female kiters. Caution everyone, the guy can put the stink on it for sure!

Bam

PS: Careful out there boys... The Bammers lens catches all!!!

post.jpg 

PostTue Apr 12, 05 1:19 pm    more pictures please Reply with quote

Please post more shots of the weekend early season riders down there at the spit as I am jones'in. Snow sure has been good as of late!! Great pic's, ever take pic for skiing?

bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostTue Apr 12, 05 3:02 pm     Reply with quote

Hey Guest,

Unfortunately the light was pretty crappy and I hung around freezing my ass off, but the weird Mt. Hood cloud would not budge. I kept the Slither shot just because I knew it would make a good comment photo with the barge and gal kiter in the foreground.

Hell yeah I take ski photo's, but with my ACL surgery in mid March I have been pretty much sent to the sidelines. I work up at Meadows as a ski destructor and trainer, and know enough sponsored riders that next year it will be game on. Finally just went digital and dumped all the Nikon FE2 stuff. Back in the day (like 15 years ago) when I was living up in Seattle I was very actively pursuing photography, but an engineering degree and the discover of wind and the Gorge put all that on hold.

I will definitely be posting lots of photo's on this site since I think it is a great way to show the local faces of kiteboarding. Sorry guys, but your only gonna get "B" stuff since the "A" stuff will be sent of to the mags for possible publication. If you catch me on the beach, don't hesitate to throw me your e-mail and I'll send you all the "B" shots I get of ya.

Here are some shots from the Meadows Rail Jam just before my surgery, and then some more kiting from a bit more east on Sunday...

Enjoy... Bam

post.jpg 
   post1.jpg 
   post2.jpg 
   post3.jpg 
   post4.jpg 

barfly

Since 31 Mar 2005
1210 Posts
Seaside
BRACKISH

PostTue Apr 12, 05 7:31 pm    Disappointed Reply with quote

Slither, I can't tell you how disappointed I am to see you have cut your locks. The river is not the same. May the Wind Gods have mercy...bring back Francisco!

ECmike

Since 29 Mar 2005
23 Posts
Beaverton, OR

PostWed Apr 13, 05 1:36 am     Reply with quote

So Wind Slither and Guest person, did you guys end up making it out? If you did tell us how it was!! Also tell us how that water was. Did it smell like ass out there or what? Shocked

BamBam, great pics! Sorry to hear that your not going to be on the water much this season. Hope that ACL heals quick! Good luck with the photography and getting your pics published. PUSH THE LOCAL SCENE!

PostWed Apr 13, 05 6:19 am     Reply with quote

No SI southerly session has been reported.

The bounty is still out there!

PostWed Apr 13, 05 1:27 pm     Reply with quote

Hey Mike,

Ha, I went for a mini/baby mountain bike ride in Hooville on Sunday...

Don't look for me to be standing on the shore much past early May. Yeah, your not going to see any of the usual Bam Bam unhooked backroll kiteloops to death splat that usualy entertain the local kiting scene until later in the summer. But, I'll be out there doing my best to mow the grass and keeping this forum supplied with local images...

Bam, bam bam bam!

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2062 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostThu Mar 02, 06 9:03 am    anyone for that fine french import? Rain-ay Reply with quote

Quote:
these southerlies have to be getting into Sauvies! I will sport an ice cold Raindog pounder to whoever can claim the first southerly SI session!

I'm assuming this if still on the offering block. Slither? Anyone? Bueller?

Strong S wind from Scabjuice sensor S16 gusts to 31mph.

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2575 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostThu Mar 02, 06 9:36 am     Reply with quote

Already been claimed... Alien

http://www.nwkite.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=744

The SE cant that we had yesterday was probably getting in there pretty good. If the current isn't running out too bad, I bet you could get a fun sesh!

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostThu Mar 02, 06 9:41 am     Reply with quote

Beware the adverse effects of riding during a CSO, it has been known to cause mutations...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: