Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

moving away from gorge on sunday, AHH

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Spike

Since 13 May 2007
1414 Posts
Alameda
Spelling Expert

PostWed Sep 12, 07 6:56 am    moving away from gorge on sunday, AHH Reply with quote

I NEED TO GET AT LEAST ONE MORE SESSION IN!!!

anbody know where within the next two or thee days?? i'll drive as far as lyle if I have to!
(I would have gone to rooster on sunday but I won edward's fourty hands the night before Drunk )

Moto

Since 03 Sep 2006
2698 Posts
Still a gojo pimp!
Moto Mouth

PostWed Sep 12, 07 8:13 am     Reply with quote

Spike - check out the spit - blowing around 20. Just make sure you peel off those forty's before you try and launch Laughing

Hope you can get TWO more sessions in before you leave!!

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostWed Sep 12, 07 8:16 am     Reply with quote

Florian! Why are you heading back soooooooo soon? Don't you have another week? Fuck buying books and shit, just do that on the first Monday! Rolling Eyes

We might be going out today... I'll let ya know.

carolb

Since 04 Nov 2006
590 Posts
Stevenson, WA in the summer, SPI in the winter
Bolstad Clan

PostWed Sep 12, 07 8:27 am     Reply with quote

We'll miss ya on the Stevie beach. You still have my vote for best rookie.

Sella

Since 21 Apr 2007
1794 Posts
Doin' The Dalles
FLY'IN HIGH PIE GUY

PostWed Sep 12, 07 11:19 am     Reply with quote

Florian great hanging out with you and thanks for the help with the backroll etc...etc...etc.

I'm telling ya the snow is coming and you gotta try it to keep your fix need under control bro.

Stay in touch.
Ken

Spike

Since 13 May 2007
1414 Posts
Alameda
Spelling Expert

PostWed Sep 12, 07 1:25 pm     Reply with quote

going to hood river hoping for the best

magicmaker

Since 29 Oct 2006
895 Posts
da Hood
Opinionated

PostWed Sep 12, 07 1:27 pm     Reply with quote

it's blowing like a mf'er right now, 23-35 avg 27; can't wait to get off work.

Spike

Since 13 May 2007
1414 Posts
Alameda
Spelling Expert

PostWed Sep 12, 07 6:24 pm     Reply with quote

fuck that place, gusty as shit. you cant get a good jump or anything, you get lifted before you're even ready and when you try to pop you fall on your ass cause the wind disappears, only to get yanked out of the water 2 seconds later. I quit early, had a feeling I was going to die out there.

wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1634 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostWed Sep 12, 07 6:28 pm     Reply with quote

I learn SO much in this place!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Fortyhands

TravisBickleRex

Since 30 Jun 2005
314 Posts

Taxi Driver

PostWed Sep 12, 07 6:33 pm    wind analysis Reply with quote

Spike wrote:
you cant get a good jump or anything, you get lifted before you're even ready and when you try to pop you fall on your ass cause the wind disappears, .

The wind east of the railroad bridge was crap. The wind west to the Hatch gets the double devil horn salute; stable with decent swell.

genek

Since 21 Jul 2006
2165 Posts
East Po
KGB

PostWed Sep 12, 07 10:09 pm    Re: moving away from gorge on sunday, AHH Reply with quote

Spike wrote:
I NEED TO GET AT LEAST ONE MORE SESSION IN!!!

anbody know where within the next two or thee days?? i'll drive as far as lyle if I have to!
(I would have gone to rooster on sunday but I won edward's fourty hands the night before Drunk )

What do you mean you won??? I thought everyone lucky enough to participate in such a great game is a winner? So how about a "Kiting Fourty Hands" game? You duct tape fourties to your hands and to the corners of the bar. The goal is to finish the drinks while you're still kiting. Who's in?

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the
retired kiter & motorhead Unicorn Master

PostThu Sep 13, 07 12:09 am     Reply with quote

Spike, before you leave town, can we run that fucking purple helmet over or smash it with a sledge hammer?

cheers. Wink

magicmaker

Since 29 Oct 2006
895 Posts
da Hood
Opinionated

PostThu Sep 13, 07 7:38 am     Reply with quote

Spike wrote:
fuck that place, gusty as shit. you cant get a good jump or anything, you get lifted before you're even ready and when you try to pop you fall on your ass cause the wind disappears, only to get yanked out of the water 2 seconds later. I quit early, had a feeling I was going to die out there.

You need to sell those T2's and get some real kites, j/k, you'll learn to deal with more gnarly winds in time. I was out there from 5:30 to sunset on a 9m fuel + surfboard, totally lit and having a blast. Up past the bridge was definately better, ~4ft breaking swell that you could actually ride for a little bit.

blancoh2o

Since 15 Mar 2005
1153 Posts
Oregon
Phishy

PostThu Sep 13, 07 1:01 pm     Reply with quote

Spike wrote:

Yesterday was not gusty! You will get used to the wind there if you ride there more often. Some days are more gusty than others. Get out to the spit more often and you will learn to like it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: