Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Rooster rock current condition update from Nak

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Spike

Since 13 May 2007
1414 Posts
Alameda
Spelling Expert

PostTue Sep 11, 07 8:25 am    Rooster rock current condition update from Nak Reply with quote

Nak is out at the volleyball court at rooster and says he would be powered on an 11m, and theres blowing sand and whitecaps up on the east end.

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4204 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostTue Sep 11, 07 1:40 pm     Reply with quote

Thanks for posting that Spike!

I figured since the boat was in the water I'd take a spin up to Rooster. Glad I brought my kite even though I figured it was going to be no wind. I only brought a 14 T2 and a glide, I was wishing for a smaller kite at first... Worked out well though. as the wind lightened up the glide/T2 combo ended up being perfect for the second half of the session. All told I was able to ride well powered for about an hour and 15 minutes. Then the fan turned off and the wind went to 0 in about 3 minutes! Thank God I was on the Oregon side of the river when the plug got pulled!

For once the wind gods smiled on me! Very Happy

By the way, the water level is a lot higher than yesterday...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: