Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Lost Creek Lake Water Quality

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
MW

Since 09 Jan 2006
186 Posts
Hood River, Oregon
Stoked

PostTue Aug 21, 07 10:40 am    Lost Creek Lake Water Quality Reply with quote

What is the latest on the water quality for Lost Creek Lake? Sol Flyer, do you know anything, and is it worth checking out? I might have some people interested in making a trip south to check out some new spots. What size kite is usually good? Thanks for the info.

Sol-flyer

Since 21 Mar 2006
1280 Posts
Dude, where's my Bus?
Otto Mann

PostMon Sep 03, 07 6:58 am    toxic algae... Reply with quote

sorry not to post up for a lil,...

the toxic algae in lost creek lake is gone. this happens once a year and usually in the early summer (july-ish). many mountain lakes have these blooms, be sure to check out the local forest service office before making the trip.

pura vida one

Since 22 May 2007
80 Posts

PostMon Sep 03, 07 2:20 pm    ill wata Reply with quote

the state of oregon maintains online alerts/advisories for toxic algae in our lakes; i can't remember where i saw it but it should be a minimal search.
ps, what up, matt, i'm back from bm and want to ride w/ you and your shred lady. talk soon

Sol-flyer

Since 21 Mar 2006
1280 Posts
Dude, where's my Bus?
Otto Mann

PostMon Sep 03, 07 3:12 pm     Reply with quote

just so people know, lost creek lake is pretty good this time of year....

daniel, we're gonna be back down on wednesday, maybe we can hook up and do the 10 mile downwinder Cool

pura vida one

Since 22 May 2007
80 Posts

PostMon Sep 03, 07 7:58 pm    twist and shout Reply with quote

10 miles through shark infested waters? people should stay off the coast. statistically, sept and october are the highest incidences of shark bites in OR(seriously) but twist my arm, rasta Wink.
i was actually thinking of getting john out to another location and getting him a little training. gonna get him hooked on the addiction. i'll call you tomorrow. the drive is a bitch and after 'green man' i am in shock at our consumptive ways. thanks god the subaru has been converted to E85. consume wisely, people, if you gonna do it. we are so lucky in this country...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: