Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Ocean Rodeo Dealer in Hood River?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
kitebot

Since 20 Feb 2007
251 Posts

Obsessed

PostWed Aug 01, 07 8:57 am    Ocean Rodeo Dealer in Hood River? Reply with quote

Anyone know if there's an OR dealer in HR?

Thanks!

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the
retired kiter & motorhead Unicorn Master

PostWed Aug 01, 07 9:03 am     Reply with quote

oh my god, crazy c is going to be foaming at the mouth.

PM Crazy C he's an unoffical pimp or something.

tstansbury

Since 06 Jun 2006
649 Posts
Rowena and P.C
Addicted

PostWed Aug 01, 07 9:05 am     Reply with quote

I do not think their is.

kitebot

Since 20 Feb 2007
251 Posts

Obsessed

PostWed Aug 01, 07 9:46 am     Reply with quote

I just checked the or website it listed big winds and hood river water play, but neither have anything on their websites. I ask because I'm modding an '07 best bar to have a cleat so a short person can use it and someone suggested the OR SLE upgrade is a good option. Though I just found that the setup on a Slingy Power Stroke bar would work great too, and it's much easier to find the parts I need for that here in HR.

Thanks,

ab

blowhard

Since 26 Dec 2005
2025 Posts

Windward

PostSun Sep 09, 07 8:10 am     Reply with quote

I drudged this thread up to
Remind all the "I'm so in love with my gear" dewds
the Ocean Rodeo ONE
is a super kite,
After a little sess the other day
I KNOW I need to spend some more time on it
Anyone else try this kite?
It did everything so well
But it was a little large for the conditions
so not completly sure of the low end , which is very important to me
and the turning seemed slow but the stopper was not in place
so I had nothing to push against for one handed riding
What a stable kite not a bit of flutter with the 9.0 in some 25 -30 mph conditions.
The more I pulled in the more power I had
very C style . no goofyness
couldn't get it to oversheet to where I could feel it in the bar ,but when watching it,it would drop back,stall about a foot and regain flow and be right back.NICE!!!
Decent looking construction with a simple bar with nothing in your face that will smack you.
It's been surf tested (wadded up tight)

kitebot

Since 20 Feb 2007
251 Posts

Obsessed

PostSun Sep 09, 07 3:46 pm     Reply with quote

???

saleeba

Since 05 Mar 2006
237 Posts
Masshole
Stoked

PostSun Sep 09, 07 6:37 pm    ocean rodeo Reply with quote

you can contact OR directly at 888-544-4969 and speak with john zimmerman in sales. no dealers in hood river but if your set on speaking with a dealer kite-line in bend sells OR. i ride OR kites and love them. the one is a great kite, i rode the 9m one last season, but the rise kites are my favorite. i am going to be getting a few rise 08 demos in a few weeks. i will post something with time and place when i have them. might set up something at the coast, rooster or hood river.

tstansbury

Since 06 Jun 2006
649 Posts
Rowena and P.C
Addicted

PostMon Sep 10, 07 7:01 am     Reply with quote

I asked OR they said contact kite line I think they are in bend.

tstansbury

Since 06 Jun 2006
649 Posts
Rowena and P.C
Addicted

PostMon Sep 10, 07 7:03 am     Reply with quote

Sorry did not read the whole post above. Sals if you get a vented Rise I have been trying to get a demo of one and would love to try it.

saleeba

Since 05 Mar 2006
237 Posts
Masshole
Stoked

PostMon Sep 10, 07 12:35 pm    rise kites Reply with quote

yeah i am going to get a 8m and 12m rise 2008 for demo. the entire 2008 ocean rodeo line will have the vents. i'll keep you posted as to time and place for demos.

nesterg

Since 10 Sep 2006
23 Posts

PostWed Sep 12, 07 1:32 pm     Reply with quote

I just bought an 06 OR One 9m. Can anyone help me on a self landing technique? I read one guy who said park it on its wing tip and reach up and pull the upper front line and it will fall face down and not move. The problem is at least on my 06 bar the front lines come together at a swivel about 3 feet beyond my arms reach. Very awkward if not impossible.

I'm planning on buying the 07 ez stopper upgrade kit if I can find anyone to sell it to me. So far havn't had much luck. Called waterplay in Hood River who is listed as a OR dealer and they told me they didn't have that in stock and adviced me to look online.

There is a good instructional article at http://www.skypilotkiteboarding.com/blog/2007_06_01_archive.html
about how to do the upgrade.

blowhard

Since 26 Dec 2005
2025 Posts

Windward

PostWed Sep 12, 07 5:27 pm     Reply with quote

I landed it just like the c types
crash into the sand

rodeo clown

Since 29 Jan 2007
40 Posts
Seattle

PostWed Sep 12, 07 9:58 pm     Reply with quote

Land it like a C, rotating it by pulling a brake line as it comes down.
But, if its blowing really hard this can be tricky.
You've touched on the weakest point of all sle's, not just the One.
Landing in high winds.
In high winds I've been attaching my safety to one front line, which limits the way you can fly it. (no multiple loops) and when I am ready to land it, I let go of the bar and pull the safety collar to realease the chicken loop.
This lets the One fall off one front line with very little traction down wind of you, and once its on the ground its pretty stable because its so flat.
I've tried a 5th line this last winter and discovered that it takes very little 5th line tension to do the same thing...about 2-3 feet.
But, it can easily flip over upside down and hover in the air, forcing you to hand line it in.
I wish someone would come up with a safety attachment at the chicken loop to one front line, so that you could self land and still loop the kite without getting your safety wrapped up around the sheeting lines.
Canadian manufacturers don't get a fair shake in this country, and OR is no different. There are no dealers here in Seattle either. The closest one is in Bellingham, Andy Holmes at http://www.bellinghamkiteboarding.com/

One note- the EZ stopper is designed for the 07' bars. I put one on my 06' bar and discovered the hole in the bar is too wide for the stopper to work. So I added a ball between the bar and stopper and now it works great. You can order the upgrade directly from OR if Kite Line can't help, or even Andy too.

sunset

Since 16 Jun 2006
4 Posts
Portland/Hood River
Kook

PostThu Sep 13, 07 6:53 am     Reply with quote

Just bring it to the edge, unhook and yank and pull in the center lines and it hits the sand leading edge down, facing upwind

rodeo clown

Since 29 Jan 2007
40 Posts
Seattle

PostThu Sep 13, 07 1:09 pm     Reply with quote

I like that method,
I'll have to give it a try.

CrazyC

Since 07 Apr 2007
174 Posts
P Town
Stoked

PostThu Sep 13, 07 1:31 pm     Reply with quote

For the 07 stopper call 888-544-4969 and speak with John Zimmerman in sales.

As for the landing Just fly to the edge of the window pull the center lines untill you get to the split in the lines then pull the kite around with one center line. No need to unhook. Works on my 9m one every time.

C

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: