Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

tips on looping SLEs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
jonah

Since 20 Jul 2006
169 Posts
Hood River
Stoked

PostTue Jul 31, 07 1:35 am    tips on looping SLEs? Reply with quote

I've been trying to downloop a Waroo in the middle of an air transition. So basically, I'm going into a jump (with very little forward speed.. hence a transition) by sending with one hand and then mid-air I'm pulling hard with the other hand to downloop the kite.

The problem is sometimes the kite stays nice and high during the loop and nothing crazy happens. But other times it loops down right into the power zone and I go rocketing downwind... even if the kite finishes the loop, i'm landing hard, fast, and body flat on the water.

I can't seem to tell when to start the loop. Some discussion on the Best kite forum says to start it before you reach the apex. Another thread says to start it after the apex. Any other factors that affect where the kite is during the loop? Should I start the kite higher or lower before sending it?

Is the technique different for regular loops (sending it, and keep sending it for the loop) versus downloops (sending it and looping back the other way)?

I'd really like to figure this out before i hurt myself with trial and error. Any advice is appreciated (but please only reply if you have direct experience with this on SLE kites).

Thanks!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: