Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

S.F last week

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
JW

Since 28 Jan 2006
227 Posts
portland
Stoked

PostMon Jul 30, 07 9:09 am    S.F last week Reply with quote

good times wind was good. broke my ss board again need new kites and board. the races where so cool

Library - 2683.jpg 
   Library - 2707.jpg 
   Library - 2724.jpg 
   Library - 2747.jpg 
   Library - 2771.jpg 

Rollo Tomasi

Since 17 Mar 2005
983 Posts

Attractive

PostMon Jul 30, 07 10:37 am     Reply with quote

wow.. those are great shots JW!
especially those with the bridge in the background. Thumb's Up

Looks like the event went off well? Give us more!

Bettyboarder

Since 18 Mar 2005
1823 Posts
PDX/ White Salmon
Mrs. Site Lackey

PostMon Jul 30, 07 1:47 pm     Reply with quote

I was going to say the same thing as Rollo. The bridge looks sick in the back of those shots.

Did you get any shots of that big jump that Marina was talking about. Cant wait to see that thing.

marina c

Since 03 Apr 2006
318 Posts
California/Gorge Summer
Obsessed

PostMon Jul 30, 07 4:05 pm     Reply with quote

hi guys,
Unfortunately, the ramp didn't work due to a number of factors so the competition turned into more of a regular big air comp. The organizers learned that Crissy is not a great venue for kickers/sliders/rails due to the deep water (wind wasn't making all way in until late so they had to be set up in deeper water), current and chop.

The coolest though was seeing Jesse Richman's 22 second jump with 7 kite loops. He hucked it in convergent air/wind sheer or something and just traveled laterally for what seemed like forever... it was the weirdest thing to see! There is video of it but not sure what is happening with it. I'm sure it will make its way to utube shortly:-)

Ok, so that was the Best kite I saw hucking it all day Sunday over by the bridge! haha.

Inept_Fun

Since 14 Apr 2005
1417 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostMon Jul 30, 07 10:53 pm     Reply with quote

haha funny to spend all that money on that thing to find out that it doesnt even work...

at least it didnt float away.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
tekko

Since 20 Feb 2006
376 Posts
White Salmon
Liquid Force

PostWed Aug 01, 07 7:56 am     Reply with quote

Mom always said...

if you can't say something nice... don't say anything at all...

Too bad I was never good at listening to mom... So much to say, but I'll keep it short and sweet for the NWkite crowd... This is me being as PC as I can, while still sharing some truth about the event.

Headed down to shoot video for the new Liquid Force Kiteboarding TV - video podcast series.

Very unfortunate that the ramp didn't work... and was pretty much a scam. Event organizers specifically invited LF riders such as Slezak, Blair and Moe because of their ramp style. Even 2 days before the event, the organizers were calling the riders pumping them up.

You know you're events gone to shit when the organizer is on the mike during the first heat saying 'are there any doctors in the crowd?? Because there are definitely going to be some stiches today if anybody hits this thing..'

Organizers kept claiming $100k invested and 1 year to build... looks like they were on crack with that one, as what they pulled out was more of a dangerous rusty barge from the salvage yard.

Funny thing is that for $5-$10k and 1 solid week, Joby and the boys could have actually built a 30' ramp.. that would have worked!

Luckily Richmond bros layed down some sick dangle airs to keep the large crowd stoked at least seeing some jumping... but none of it was off of the ramp that was the center piece of the event.. and the reason many riders, media and myself made the trip to SF.

HUGE PROPS to the US Nationals race organizers and riders. Their shit was tight and very professional. Too bad they couldn't have been the ones to organize the ramp as well...

J.P.

Since 10 Mar 2005
638 Posts

Addicted

PostWed Aug 01, 07 9:19 pm     Reply with quote

tekko wrote:
Mom always said...

if you can't say something nice... don't say anything at all...

Too bad I was never good at listening to mom...

Very Happy

I know what you mean however in my case it's more of a Midwest thing and not a listening to Mom thing.

Hat's off to you my freind 4 keeping it Real.

cheers

John

"The greatest homage to truth is to use it" ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last edited by J.P. on Thu Aug 02, 07 10:56 am; edited 4 times in total

railgrab

Since 29 Mar 2005
177 Posts
Seattle, WA
Stoked

PostThu Aug 02, 07 6:40 am     Reply with quote

any pictures of the ramp?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: