Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

board handles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
chrisinbahamas

Since 22 Jul 2007
41 Posts

PostSat Jul 28, 07 9:17 am    board handles Reply with quote

hey, im a beginer and im windering what you guys and girls think about board handles

tonyb

Since 09 Oct 2006
973 Posts
Stevenson in the summer & SPI in the winter
Bolstad Clan

PostSat Jul 28, 07 9:30 am     Reply with quote

Speaking as a guy who's usually watching out for others, picking up a wayward board while I'm on the water is MUCH easier if there is a handle on it. Some people equate handles on boards to being the same as using a leash on the board or being a kook - but I think it's a lame explanation that it's cooler to go without. Truthfully, what's wrong with a handle on the board? It adds maybe 4 oz. of weight - you could lose that by skipping a couple of beers each week!

Kodiak

Since 01 Aug 2005
1114 Posts

Slidey

PostSat Jul 28, 07 9:50 am     Reply with quote

I don't have an issue with a handle on a board, and it certainly helps if you go old school and try board offs.

I don't have them on the two boards my wife and I use most often because they don't pack as well with the handle. I can lay two boards on top of each other pretty well top to top wihtout the handle. Also, we jetski to most of the places we kite, so I put my foot where the handle would be. Maybe it would be easier if I didn't have such big feet Smile

Inept_Fun

Since 14 Apr 2005
1417 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostSat Jul 28, 07 12:40 pm     Reply with quote

I like to have a board handle on my board at all times, especially with bindings.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the
retired kiter & motorhead Unicorn Master

PostSat Jul 28, 07 2:48 pm     Reply with quote

some people have smashed into the handles when trying new tricks and got rid of them. One solution to the problem is to get a piece of webbing instead of a handle. You can carry your board, people can rescue your board easily, it folds flat, and costs about 20 cents.

DROCK999

Since 31 May 2007
852 Posts
Left Coast
Opinionated

PostSat Jul 28, 07 3:41 pm     Reply with quote

i like to think of my handle as more of a third footstrap

gabe

Since 16 May 2005
475 Posts

Obsessed

PostSat Jul 28, 07 3:59 pm     Reply with quote

as a wise man once said: if you don't have a handle, where can you attach your Go Joe???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: