Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

North Jaime pro... ok for a beginner?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
KidCorporate

Since 10 Jul 2007
563 Posts

Addicted

PostFri Jul 27, 07 3:58 pm    North Jaime pro... ok for a beginner? Reply with quote

OK, so I've been kiteboarding exactly twice, and I have a pretty good handle on what going on, got all my gear except for a board. I was going to get a Best Spark, but it'll be a while before I can get ahold of one. I have the opportunity to get ahold of this years Jaime Pro model in the large size, that actual measurements escape me though. I've been snowboardind and wakeboarding for over a decade so my board control skills are solid, is there anything about this north deck that would give me major headaches? I'm about 175 lbs and would like to do at least some riding at SI, wil I be OK on it?

Thanks in advance, this is a rad little online community!

forrest

Since 21 Jun 2005
4329 Posts
Hood River
Hick

CGKA Member

PostFri Jul 27, 07 6:59 pm     Reply with quote

It's a rad board, little rough in the chop cause it's rather stiff, but if you got wakeboard skills already you'll be good!

KidCorporate

Since 10 Jul 2007
563 Posts

Addicted

PostFri Jul 27, 07 8:03 pm     Reply with quote

Word, stiff I can handle. I take it it has more pop then, yeah?

forrest

Since 21 Jun 2005
4329 Posts
Hood River
Hick

CGKA Member

PostSat Jul 28, 07 8:15 am     Reply with quote

Yea, Its got good flex patterns, stiff in the middle and flex at the tips... It's meant to be a freestyle board, so its' definitely going to be good for popping.

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostSat Jul 28, 07 8:24 am     Reply with quote

Its going to be harder to go upwind on than a bigger board for a beginner. Its a good board overall, Trevor has been abusing his for like 3 years now and it keeps on trucking.

DROCK999

Since 31 May 2007
852 Posts
Left Coast
Opinionated

PostSat Jul 28, 07 8:35 am     Reply with quote

from what I've heard the jaime pro is a solid board. also it's not a bad idea to buy a board that may be a little more advanced, it gives you something to grow into as you get better.

wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1634 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostSat Jul 28, 07 9:16 am     Reply with quote

Going Upwind? I never could go upwind as a noob with my '06 Fanatic Easy rider. Then I got this Jaime Pro '07, and the lights went on! Heel-side, Toe-side, all good.
About the stiff ride... my 58y.o. knees do hurt after a full day in chop with this board. But then, I'm an out-of-shape desk pilot all work-week.

Oh... One more thing. It's a great board, but I hate the footstraps. I hope you have less than a size 9 shoe size. Anything bigger and it's a bitch to squeeze in. For winter kiting I'm actually taking the footstraps off my windsurf board and using them on the Jaime. Not good.

Last edited by wylieflyote on Sat Jul 28, 07 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the
retired kiter & motorhead Unicorn Master

PostSat Jul 28, 07 2:50 pm     Reply with quote

liquid force footstraps and pads are super soft...

KidCorporate

Since 10 Jul 2007
563 Posts

Addicted

PostSat Jul 28, 07 8:57 pm     Reply with quote

Yeah, so I got on the Jaime, turned out it was a 126, not what a noob needs! Luckily it was nuking today and I was able to get some riding done on it, all thanks to my homegirl who lent me her 7m, I would have likely died a painful death with my waroo 9!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: