Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

My name is PDXmonkeyboy and I'm an addict
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
colby

Since 23 Apr 2005
613 Posts
Celebrity
Photographer

PostTue Jul 24, 07 9:18 pm     Reply with quote

I was out kiting during this post also...Sauvies actually went off of all places, go figure! oh, and had several 'a-dolt responsibilities' to attend to earlier today but can't remember what they were about now - still smiling about the session. Very Happy

This promises to be the best post of the year - keep em coming!

stringy

Since 23 Jun 2006
1726 Posts
vancouver
XTreme Poster

PostTue Jul 24, 07 9:32 pm     Reply with quote

or how about this, when you are sitting around with your kiting buddies as well as your non kiting friends, how long it goes before a non kiter says all you guys talk about is the wind, water, kite size etc. Laughing

hedquista

Since 13 Apr 2007
72 Posts
Salt lake city

PostWed Jul 25, 07 12:51 am    Is this a problem? no its therapy Reply with quote

keats is my name. addicted yes, problem.... no. at least not the way i see it. i would give up almost every sport for this one. even sking... but the best part is that i can ski and kite all in one. Snowkiting is my most favorite and yes this is where my problem lies. cant wait for the winter season to kick in gear. you'll see me at skyline drive alot amongst any other windy snow coverd field in utah.

is this a problem? no its therapy

forrest

Since 21 Jun 2005
4329 Posts
Hood River
Hick

CGKA Member

PostWed Jul 25, 07 8:07 am     Reply with quote

My name is Forrest and I just say f@%k it. Glad to be addicted. Kiteboarding has caused me to relocate all over the place, spend almost all of my extra dough. I'm lucky though as my wife is now an addict too, and together we'll sell our souls.

CrazyC

Since 07 Apr 2007
174 Posts
P Town
Stoked

PostWed Jul 25, 07 9:11 am     Reply with quote

Help me. My name is Carl, I can’t stop kitebording. I work so I can pay for kitebording but kitebording makes me not want to go to work. It’s a vicious cycle.

I feel like Fat Bastard. “I can't stop eating. I eat because I'm unhappy, and I'm unhappy because I eat. It's a vicious cycle. Now, if you'll excuse me, there's someone I'd like to get in touch with and forgive... myself.”
Rolling Eyes

Tony

Since 28 Aug 2006
940 Posts
Portland
Opinionated

PostWed Jul 25, 07 9:18 am     Reply with quote

CrazyC wrote:
Help me. My name is Carl, I can’t stop kitebording. I work so I can pay for kitebording but kitebording makes me not want to go to work. It’s a vicious cycle.

I feel like Fat Bastard. “I can't stop eating. I eat because I'm unhappy, and I'm unhappy because I eat. It's a vicious cycle. Now, if you'll excuse me, there's someone I'd like to get in touch with and forgive... myself.”
Rolling Eyes

Dude, I bet Fat Bastard Kites on a regular wood door and uses a 25 meter as his small kite....

fat-bastard.jpg 

chanson

Since 31 Jan 2006
1873 Posts
WISCONSIN
Chimey

PostWed Jul 25, 07 10:22 am     Reply with quote

ummm...well:

I have a non-union in my scaphoid that is 1 yr. old....that means there is a large gap between my bone that is being held together with a screw. WEll, b/c I couldn't stop kiting long enough for it to heal properly, that gap has widened and has swelled to a ping-pong ball sized formation above the screw. So, 1 yr. after surgery my doc. tells me that I have to re-do the surgery all over...WTF?, and not kite for another summer....yeah right. "What happens if I don't?" ..Well, you could have extreme arthritis at a young age, or bone deterioration resulting in extreme arthritis, or your bone will break-up and cause the screw to scrape around and f*$k up a bunch of other bones a ligaments in your hand.

HMMM, easy decision....GO KITING.
Very Happy -currently seeking alternative routes...acupunture twice a week, bone-building supplements and proper care(wrapping that shit up in tape and wrist gaurd eveytime I kite.
-then get an x-ray at the end of Aug. to see if the gap is smaller. Very Happy

ADDICTION.....hmmm...maybe a little. Twisted Evil

carolb

Since 04 Nov 2006
590 Posts
Stevenson, WA in the summer, SPI in the winter
Bolstad Clan

PostWed Jul 25, 07 11:19 am    Cure for the addicts with a non-addict wifes Reply with quote

Because we realize there actually are addicts who are married to non-addicts, we have come up with the cure to your problems.

We are completing a nightly rental cabin in Stevenson designed for kiters and the misses. While you are on the water in Stevenson, your wife can be happily floating in the pool or mixing up a cocktail at the tiki bar, reading her book, sun bathing, listening to music and basically have the relaxing days she wants. Meanwhile, you are tearing up the river 8 minutes away. Just save some strength for the pm session.

The cabin when completed will feature in order of importance:
a loft for kite storage
crazy tiki bed
fireplace
21 inch flat screen TV
Sound system with IPOD input
frig, microwave, etc.

DSC_7233.JPG 
   DSC_7235.JPG 

chanson

Since 31 Jan 2006
1873 Posts
WISCONSIN
Chimey

PostWed Jul 25, 07 11:35 am     Reply with quote

looks like a sweet set-up...

good thing I was able to chare the stoke and she kites now....wheww, thank god

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostWed Jul 25, 07 11:43 am     Reply with quote

Kiteboarding? I'm just here for the Tiki parties!

CarrotHead

Since 05 Jul 2007
35 Posts
Once Seattle, now Portland

PostWed Jul 25, 07 11:49 am     Reply with quote

My name is Eric and I've never been up on a board and I'm addicted. I went back to school 2 years ago to finish my bachelors. I was almost derailed when i was introduced to kiting. I became consumed and it was a struggle every day to stay in school and merely fanticize about it until i could graduate, get a job, and afford it. I flew my trainer for months and settled on the sessions in my day dreams.

I'm six weeks into my new job, have my second lesson scheduled, and already I know I'll be doing this for the rest of my able bodied life.

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the
retired kiter & motorhead Unicorn Master

PostWed Jul 25, 07 2:17 pm     Reply with quote

pkh wrote:
Kiteboarding? I'm just here for the Tiki parties!

Yeah, we've seen pictures of your tiki parties. Bulimia is a disease that effects millions of americans. It's ok to get fat Phil, they make bigger kites. Smile

skydiveblake

Since 28 Jun 2006
63 Posts
San Diego

PostWed Jul 25, 07 3:55 pm     Reply with quote

I was addicted to kiting... until I moved to San Diego. Now I just go to the beach, pump up my kite (the freaking big one) launch it, watch it luff around over my head, then go home in disgust to drink myself into oblivion.

BamBam, bring me some wind (and not your usual kind) when you come down this weekend for skydiving.

Hein

Since 08 Mar 2005
1313 Posts

Possessed

PostThu Jul 26, 07 7:34 am     Reply with quote

they tried to make me go to Rehab; I say no no no!

Last edited by Hein on Thu Jul 26, 07 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total

shastadogs2

Since 28 Mar 2005
336 Posts

Obsessed

PostThu Jul 26, 07 7:42 am     Reply with quote

hello, my name is jimmi and i am an addict. i have been clean and sober since yesterday, but must admit to my brathas and sistas here that i am planning on hitting the south coast again today.

someone, PLEASE HELP ME!

actually, fogetaboutit. for those in the know kiting needs no explanation. for those who dont get it, wtf can you say? its almost like you woke up one day and were suddenly from another planet.

jimmi

forrest

Since 21 Jun 2005
4329 Posts
Hood River
Hick

CGKA Member

PostThu Jul 26, 07 8:21 am     Reply with quote

shastadogs2 wrote:
its almost like you woke up one day and were suddenly from another planet.

So True!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: