Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

OT: Looking for Bali/Lombok info

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2575 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostMon Apr 08, 24 7:44 am    OT: Looking for Bali/Lombok info Reply with quote

Not necessarily wind chasing. Intermediate long board surfer with back issues. Planning to be in South Lombok first week of September, and Sanur Bali the following week. Traveling with wife so not looking to get to remote/rustic. (i.e. not thinking Sumbawa)

Open to any and all ideas/suggestions, places to stay, best beaches, etc.

THX!
Thumb's Up

Windian

Since 28 Apr 2008
883 Posts
Newport, OR
NEWPORT OG

PostMon Apr 08, 24 8:44 am     Reply with quote

I went to Indo back in 2000 when I was 40 years old and still clinging to my youth. Was there for 6 weeks on a dedicated surf trip boating to Lombok and Sumbawa, 2 weeks at Bobby's surf camp at G-land, and multiple days staying on Bali surfing Uluwatu and the other left reef breaks on the Bukit peninsula. It was an amazing trip with some of the best waves I have ever ridden and also got to experience the culture there which is beautiful and so exotic.

The only place we surfed on Lombok was Desert Point which is definitely not a long board spot. I wore a Gath helmet there and actually used it to keep from splitting my skull open. The boat trip also stopped in at Scar Reef (appropriately named), Yoyos, and Supersuck (not sure if it was named because of the dredging left barrels or the brothel that was located up on the hill over looking the surf spot).

Anyways, I would definitely recommend pursuing surfing and exotic traveling when you head to Indo. I am sure that you can probably find some fun longboard waves somewhere along your trip. Vaya con dios!

agk17

Since 12 Aug 2020
15 Posts
TD

PostTue Apr 09, 24 9:59 am     Reply with quote

I had a great trip to Kuta, Lombok back in 2010. I'm also an intermediate surfer and had more luck there than I did in Bali which had the most advanced surfers and breaks I've ever seen. It was super cheap (not sure if the new airport did anything to change the local economy). We rented motor bikes which had surfboard racks on them. Chipped in with a couple others and would hire local boat men for the day who brought us to some of the surf breaks. Overall great vibe and assortment of surf breaks. Enjoy!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: