Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Line replacement question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
joekite

Since 21 Jul 2016
21 Posts
Portland, OR

PostTue Nov 14, 23 12:17 pm    Line replacement question Reply with quote

I need to replace lines on 20” slingshot sentry v1 bar, 20 meter lines

Any recommendations on replacement lines would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Pete

Since 29 Oct 2007
835 Posts

Opinionated

PostTue Nov 14, 23 12:31 pm    These guys can help Reply with quote

https://kiteboarding.com/products.asp?cat=Fly+Line+Sets

joekite

Since 21 Jul 2016
21 Posts
Portland, OR

PostTue Nov 14, 23 8:41 pm     Reply with quote

https://kiteboarding.com/proddetail.asp?prod=pks-2021-elite-99-kite-fly-lines-heavy-duty-length

https://kiteboarding.com/proddetail.asp?prod=q-powerline_pro_lineset

Any preference on either these over the slingshot lines? All I’ve ever used is the slingshot lines but sounds like some of these other brands can be a lot better.

Thank you!

jeremy

Since 18 Aug 2006
273 Posts
Manzo & HR
Obsessed

PostTue Nov 14, 23 10:57 pm     Reply with quote

If you just need a front-line set, these 20m Naish lines are very good, and just $45.

https://www.naish.com/products/2017-24m-front-flying-line-set

IWantToFly

Since 29 Jul 2019
145 Posts

Stoked

PostWed Nov 15, 23 12:47 am     Reply with quote

You may not want to go through this hassle, but Evan with Infexion (www.infexion.eu) in the Netherlands makes great lines for a fantastic price. For example, you could get a set of 2x20m SK99(425kg) for €56 and 2x20m(550kg) for €64. Take off the 20% VAT, add the exchange and some PayPal fees and shipping and you will have a fantastic SK99 line set for around $130.

I get my SK99 foil line sets from him for about $90 (thinner and a little shorter) and they are miles better than anything I can get here in the U.S.

IWantToFly

Since 29 Jul 2019
145 Posts

Stoked

PostThu Nov 16, 23 2:50 pm     Reply with quote

I had the wrong url for Infexion above. It is .eu instead of .com.

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4203 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostFri Nov 17, 23 9:38 pm     Reply with quote

A couple of things:

First, the sentry bar does not use equal length lines. The leaders plus the lines end up being equal length due to the unequal length leaders. This means you'll have to make some custom additional lines to use most other manufacturers lines. I use Ozone Race lines for foiling, so it can be worth it. However, if you're not comfortable splicing up the lines necessary, I'd stick with factory Slingshot lines.

Second, the last time I tested Q-line Pro, it had nearly double the stretch under load of factory Slingy lines. It has been a while since I tested it, but I doubt anything has changed. I know a lot of people like this line, but double the stretch was measured--it's not my opinion, it is simply a fact. I do keep some on had as it holds knots very well, so it's great for pulling bladders through kites, hanging pictures, clothes line, etc.

SK99 line is the best stuff on the market, it's used on the new Slingshot Joystick.

joekite

Since 21 Jul 2016
21 Posts
Portland, OR

PostSun Nov 19, 23 9:39 am     Reply with quote

Very much appreciated, thank you all for the help!

IWantToFly

Since 29 Jul 2019
145 Posts

Stoked

PostSun Nov 19, 23 12:18 pm     Reply with quote

Weird and somewhat annoying that SS doesn’t use equal length lines on the Sentry.

Evan (Infexion) makes his own lines so I’m sure you could just tell him the measurements you need and he would make them the right length for you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: