Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

November location recommendation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
tree

Since 29 May 2007
147 Posts
Bend, OR
Stoked

PostFri Oct 20, 23 10:41 am    November location recommendation Reply with quote

Thinking of trying to squeeze in a week in the first half of November. Looking for a relatively easy-access location (NC, TX,..). Where would you go?

ldhr

Since 21 Jul 2009
1473 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostFri Oct 20, 23 2:23 pm     Reply with quote

Kite w/surf, foil, wing?

Hatteras is fairly cold in November.... and not so easy to get to.
SPI TX would be the best bet. November is prime.
Too early and too hot for Baja.
Maui is an option - Leave PDX in the am and get a session that afternoon when you land.

tree

Since 29 May 2007
147 Posts
Bend, OR
Stoked

PostFri Oct 20, 23 10:06 pm     Reply with quote

Ideally I would like to be able to foil as well as ride waves with surfboard. Is foiling doable at SPI?

shred_da_gorge

Since 12 Nov 2008
1257 Posts
Local, not Low Cal
XTreme Poster

PostSat Oct 21, 23 7:04 am     Reply with quote

Yes, with a short mast in the laguna (and a little bit of a walk out), or with a regular mast on the gulf side. Lots of foilers there, plus waves and downwinders. Hit and miss with wind, plus can be boardshorts one day and 3/2 or 4/3 the next. (I bring a 3mm storm shorty and exoskin jacket). These folks are the best source of product and info on the island: https://prokitesouthpadre.com. (Brett was my neighbor in HR and taught me to kite eons ago).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: