Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Time for a Cable Park

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
mikeinhoodriver

Since 23 Apr 2009
389 Posts
down wind somewhere
Obsessed

PostThu Aug 17, 23 10:04 am    Time for a Cable Park Reply with quote

Now that we have a huge hotel to protect the basin from being an eye sore. Rolling Eyes It's time for a cable park! https://youtu.be/gUBUqSjIj2Y

HH

Since 24 Jul 2014
39 Posts
Hood River, OR

PostFri Aug 18, 23 11:45 am     Reply with quote

Ooh, I'll bet this is something everyone in HR will get behind. Laughing Let me just get some popcorn.

windpig

Since 28 Aug 2008
261 Posts

Obsessed

PostMon Aug 21, 23 8:43 pm     Reply with quote

If only there were a spot to put it...? Where it wouldn't harm the rare and elusive spawning "Lawyer Salmon" that only comes out when it smells litigation under the guise of helping to save us from ourselves only to find out they were a grifter all along that moves away once they've screwed the locals out of what they actually wanted... If only.

dangler

Since 26 Feb 2006
1744 Posts
WINDY SPOTS
XTreme Poster

PostTue Aug 22, 23 6:40 pm    dillweeds Reply with quote

Wasn't Scooter and his bent law buddy run out of town on a rail? Such twerps!!!

pollywog

Since 07 Aug 2009
289 Posts

Obsessed

PostTue Aug 29, 23 1:32 pm     Reply with quote

The shithead who built the hotel was never interested in having a cable park although he, the developer, used all kind of other plans to ultimately get what he wanted through “negotiations”. He threw up all kinds of proposals and one was a “cable park”. One of the oldest tricks in the book and all kinds of people fell for it. I’d say he’s smart but not really. He only needed to be smarter than the HR intelligentsia. He just had to find something that would get the dodos fired up and chasing something other than what he really wanted. Funny too, the dodos think they won!!! He had no intention of building a cable park or 5-6 other things he was asking for..

Lessons for the future…. If you want one or two things badly, ask for 7 or 8 things. Play your cards close, use diversions when people try to ferret out what you want most, and, of course lie, pretend to compromise and you’ll ultimately get what you were really after in the first place.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: