Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

swapping feet winging vs kite foiling.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
tsudapod

Since 27 Jun 2017
36 Posts

PostThu Jul 27, 23 7:50 am    swapping feet winging vs kite foiling. Reply with quote

Why is it harder to swap feet on a kitefoil vs a wing foil.

I have no problems jibing and swapping feet when winging.

What variable makes swapping feet on a kite harder? kite? small board? smaller wing?

I ride a 633 wing for kitefoiling, is there a more stable wing that would make swapping feet easier, or am I just being a lil b**** and need to try harder?

thoughts?

warmly,

Greg

ldhr

Since 21 Jul 2009
1473 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostThu Jul 27, 23 3:43 pm     Reply with quote

Smaller board -> smaller foil = less stable.
Stability is mostly a function of the length of the fuselage. The longer it is - the more stable. It would be interesting to compare your kite fuse to your wing fuse.
For kite foil (if I can remember that long ago) the trick was to bring the kite up high and pump the board, switching feet on the upward movement of the pump.

oliver19

Since 25 Jun 2019
77 Posts

PostSat Jul 29, 23 11:21 am     Reply with quote

Smaller board is more agile and therefore harder until you get technique down. But kite has advantage in that you can use the kite to hold your weight up a bit during switch.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: