Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Port News/Proposals You May Care About

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1804 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostTue Jun 06, 23 12:56 pm    Port News/Proposals You May Care About Reply with quote

I was told--the minutes from the June 6 Port meeting have not posted yet--that there is a proposal to build a hotel on Lot 1 without a parking plan. Many of you may know that this has been overflow parking on crowded days for water/beach/wind goers. There is also a proposal to make the Spit leash only for dogs.

I am of the mind that there is a great deal of development that has happened which I think is mostly great--food, beverage, attractive office space and so forth. But, at what point do we start to severely limit ACCESS to the water, which is arguably what has spurred all of this development in the first place?

I mean if I can't get to the water, what have we done to ourselves? Access to the Columbia River is precious, and rare!

Might be a good time to start paying attention to what is going on, regardless of how you fall on these and other issues. Arguing on NWKite won't accomplish anything. Personal attendance at meetings, or emails to the Port will.

https://portofhoodriver.com

Best,
Eric Cohn
Hood River

shred_da_gorge

Since 12 Nov 2008
1257 Posts
Local, not Low Cal
XTreme Poster

PostTue Jun 06, 23 8:53 pm     Reply with quote

Reminiscent of what we fought for to get the Waterfront Park instead of 65' condos...

Arb2me

Since 14 May 2019
28 Posts

PostWed Jun 07, 23 6:23 am     Reply with quote

I thought the port doesn’t have any authority over the spit itself…

Hein

Since 08 Mar 2005
1313 Posts

Possessed

PostMon Jun 12, 23 8:20 pm     Reply with quote

Send emails to

gscholl@portofhoodriver.com

Genevieve Scholl
Deputy Executive Director
Port of Hood River

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: