Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Custom Foil and mast bag

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
WindSki

Since 14 Dec 2012
402 Posts
Portland
Obsessed

PostTue May 30, 23 10:48 am    Custom Foil and mast bag Reply with quote

In the past, I had NSI in Hood River make up a custom padded mast and foil bag. They no longer do this type of work. Does anyone do this in Hood River? Anyone with an industrial / commercial sewing machine? Smile

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2062 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostTue May 30, 23 10:54 am    Re: Custom Foil and mast bag Reply with quote

WindSki wrote:
In the past, I had NSI in Hood River make up a custom padded mast and foil bag. They no longer do this type of work. Does anyone do this in Hood River? Anyone with an industrial / commercial sewing machine? Smile

Try the "dangler". I know he services kites.

(509) six 37-four five 29

mikeinhoodriver

Since 23 Apr 2009
389 Posts
down wind somewhere
Obsessed

PostWed May 31, 23 7:37 am    Re: Custom Foil and mast bag Reply with quote

WindSki wrote:

Brogan or Casey at Airtime Kite might be able to help if they are not too busy with repairs. Or try Reynaldo at Alpine Sea Co on Oak St. He was Dakine's go to guy for prototypes.

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4203 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostWed May 31, 23 12:47 pm     Reply with quote

The Slingshot Mast covers are excellent, and available separately on their website. The wing covers Sailworks sells are also excellent, the best available IMHO. They're available for a wide range of wing & stab shapes. https://www.sailworks.com/the-gear/foiling/accessories-parts/windfoil-padded-covers.html

shred_da_gorge

Since 12 Nov 2008
1257 Posts
Local, not Low Cal
XTreme Poster

PostThu Jun 01, 23 6:53 pm     Reply with quote

Northwave also has the know-how and equipment; worth a conversation with Sandy or Tim there.

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2575 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostSun Jun 04, 23 12:10 pm     Reply with quote

I made some mast sleeves using 1/4 inch rigid fowm insulation from Home Depot. I got a sheet for extra padding inside the travel bag for my wing board and used the left overs for the mast sleeves. Reflectix bubble insulation could be a good material for foil wings.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: