Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

BIG DRAMA WITH NELLY!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
laura

Since 22 May 2007
104 Posts

Stoked

PostMon Jun 25, 07 4:58 pm    BIG DRAMA WITH NELLY! Reply with quote

GEE FOREST, INTERESTING SIDE TO THE STORY, I DO NOT REMEMBER IT THE SAME WAY, MY DOG, WAS TIED UP MOST OF THE DAY BECAUSE THEY ARE OUT OF CONTROL AT THE SAND BAR RIGHT NOW, IF YOU DID NOT LIKE HOW IT WAS HANDLED, YOU COULD ALWAYS HAVE SAID SOMETHING AT THE TIME. I REMEMBER ALOT MORE A CONVERSATION AND REMAINING CALM, SO AGAIN IF YOU DID NOT GET THE RESPONSE YOU WANTED, SORRY FOR THAT. MY FRIENDS THAT WERE SHOOTING FELT LIKE IT WAS NOT A PROBLEM EVEN IF YOU DID, AND WHEN WE SHOT AT LYLE, WERE EVEN WELCOMED. I DO NOT NOT KNOW WHAT THE ANSWER IS FOR ALL DOG ISSUES, BUT I WILL CONTINUE TO TRY TO KEEP MINE UNDER CONTROL, PS... NELLY SAID SORRY, SHE THINKS SHE WAS HERDING YOU.

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostMon Jun 25, 07 5:02 pm     Reply with quote

Is Nelly a Border Collie? I like them! Very Happy

Rico

Since 13 Mar 2005
1219 Posts
Vancouver
Photographer

PostMon Jun 25, 07 5:06 pm    Out of control hearding dogs Reply with quote

One of the dogs hearding bit me at the spit also. Not this weekend, but awhile back. Luckily I had a full suit on. Would hate to get bit with no suit though. Hopefully dogs owners can leash them when they are not watching them and not let them bite or chase kiters. The dog that bit me was white and black and was with another one or two dogs. I do have a picture of the dog, but would rather not fuel the drama and would just like the dogs leashed. They are nice dogs while I'm not kiting Very Happy

Thanks,
Henry

Last edited by Rico on Mon Jun 25, 07 5:50 pm; edited 3 times in total

tinyE

Since 21 Jan 2006
2004 Posts
not really an
XTreme Poster

PostMon Jun 25, 07 5:13 pm     Reply with quote

laura, the bottom line is, if you're not watching your dog, they are probably being dogs and getting in to something. I wasn't there, so I can only imagine that the fact that if Forrest and Henry got bitten, that the owners weren't watching their dogs.

If owners watched their dogs, and kept them leashed when they weren't, there wouldn't be an 'anti-dog' thread on the forum. I'm pretty sure we all love dogs....but if you KNOW your dog is a herder, and is going to chase (and possibly bite) kiters... why in the heck would you let them run free like that?

registered

Since 12 Jul 2005
1319 Posts
tsunami
Sandbagger

PostMon Jun 25, 07 5:37 pm     Reply with quote

dear laura,

If your dog is biting people and you think sorry is going to fix it you need a clue. blood is blood and thats a bite. You ever been bit by some strange big dog?? Shocked

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the
retired kiter & motorhead Unicorn Master

PostMon Jun 25, 07 8:13 pm     Reply with quote

bottom line, Someone has to bite Laura now. Hard enough to draw blood then you can go online later and say "sorry".

TWIN-FIN

Since 24 May 2006
805 Posts
Portland, OR
Hot Monkey

PostMon Jun 25, 07 9:07 pm     Reply with quote

This is the same dog the took a SHIT in the water at Lyle about three weeks ago. Laura saw her dog take a SHIT in the water right in front of her. She did nothing about it. This Laura chick just does not get it!

If you can not control your dogs, then leave them at home. Its that simple. You will have less people harsen your buzz Sister!

I bring my dog with me just about every time I go kiting, but I pick up her Steaming piles, I dont let her shit in the water, and I tie her up when Im out in the water.

Be responsible with your dogs! It that simple.

Scriffler

Since 03 Jul 2005
581 Posts
LYLE
Addicted

PostMon Jun 25, 07 9:24 pm     Reply with quote

I think Portland kiters need a good bite once in awhile. I got bitten by a dog yesterday too. Unless it's a pitbull, I wouldn't worry too much about being bitten. My face has a huge scratch across it, but I have fully recovered. Dogs are just dumb animals, cut them some slack. Shocked

Inept_Fun

Since 14 Apr 2005
1417 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostMon Jun 25, 07 9:31 pm     Reply with quote

WAH I got bit by a dog.

Maybe some of you need to get a clue, Laura is a great person and tearing her apart for no reason on this forum is a little ridiculous. Watch out cause Nelly will get you next time you come down to the sandbar also, maybe it will keep all you whining pu***** away.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
lance_k

Since 04 May 2005
561 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostMon Jun 25, 07 10:01 pm     Reply with quote

i'm done. this guy doesn't even know who laura is and it isn't worth it. such bs...

Last edited by lance_k on Mon Jun 25, 07 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bettyboarder

Since 18 Mar 2005
1823 Posts
PDX/ White Salmon
Mrs. Site Lackey

PostMon Jun 25, 07 10:10 pm     Reply with quote

Lame, this post is getting out of control. Her dog messed up she said sorry and will try to prevent it from happening agian by keeping them under control. So lets move on, instead of starting flame throwing back and forth. We are a small community and causing rifts between people is not going to help kiting at all.

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostMon Jun 25, 07 10:15 pm     Reply with quote

yes, holy shit(balls)... move on, settle in real life on the beach or something. please don't use the forum for stuff you are unwilling to say in person. that's not fair.

in other news, I love you guys... lets go kiting. Very Happy

Tony

Since 28 Aug 2006
940 Posts
Portland
Opinionated

PostTue Jun 26, 07 5:29 am     Reply with quote

pkh wrote:
yes, holy shit(balls)... move on, settle in real life on the beach or something. please don't use the forum for stuff you are unwilling to say in person. that's not fair.

in other news, I love you guys... lets go kiting. Very Happy

Yes, I'll drink to that Phill.... Drunk
and again.... Drunk
and again.... Drunk
and maybe once more... Drunk

So WTF....It's gonna be a sunny tuesday afternoon...
Where the hell is everyone going today...?
I guess the forecast calls for East Winds in the Gorge but suppose to switch in the afternoon to westerlies...I know I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but I'm thinking Sauvies or maybe even Jones...
Just a thought....

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: