Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Some Dogs at the Sandbar
Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the
retired kiter & motorhead Unicorn Master

PostMon Jun 25, 07 2:14 pm     Reply with quote

yeah, leave your fucking dogs at home. If you feel guilty then don't come out or put them in one of those stupid dog-day-care places.

I vivdly remember last year going out to the spit on a beautiful day and pumping up my kite, jsut couldn't wait to get out on the water. Was running out my lines....SQUISH--stepped barefoot right in the middle of a big pile of dog shit. Looked like someone had a freakin clydesdale down there.

there is a time and place for everything. Dogs on the kite beach? less than ideal.

J.P.

Since 10 Mar 2005
638 Posts

Addicted

PostMon Jun 25, 07 2:22 pm     Reply with quote

pdxmonkeyboy wrote:
yeah, leave your fucking dogs at home. If you feel guilty then don't come out or put them in one of those stupid dog-day-care places.

there is a time and place for everything. Dogs on the kite beach? less than ideal.

AGREED!!!

jack

Since 12 Mar 2006
211 Posts

Stoked

PostMon Jun 25, 07 2:27 pm     Reply with quote

DISAGREED!

Tony

Since 28 Aug 2006
940 Posts
Portland
Opinionated

PostMon Jun 25, 07 2:27 pm     Reply with quote

[quote="pdxmonkeyboy"]

Yeah, no kidding....

Was out at Lyle on Saturday afternoon...
I was walking west - down to the sandbar - just before the willows end....There it was...Right in front of me...How could anyone not see this...At first I was like "god damn it kataku2k3 or Tucker...You could have at least went somewhere else..." But as I got closer, I got to thinking, waite a minute...This things not human.....It was like freakishly huge....enoumously insane....It was by far the biggest pile of dog sh** I have ever seen...Almost made my eyes water...Would have taken a back hole to clear it out...I'm not kidding Shocked Shocked Shocked
Sooo please, no matter how big it is...or how small it is....or where it is....Be responsable and pick up after your pooch....!!!

Enough said....

Moto

Since 03 Sep 2006
2698 Posts
Still a gojo pimp!
Moto Mouth

PostMon Jun 25, 07 2:38 pm     Reply with quote

jack wrote:
DISAGREED!

I agree with Jack's statement: Disagree. Don't let one bad dog ruin it for all dogs. Take for example Jack's dogs - very well behaved!!

magicmaker

Since 29 Oct 2006
895 Posts
da Hood
Opinionated

PostMon Jun 25, 07 2:51 pm     Reply with quote

jack wrote:

watch your temper, if you end up getting carted off the sandbar in cuffs you will be the only "fucking retard" in that scenario...

lmao.... but anyway

oh man...... what to comment about on the dog thread.......... I've been bit before, ya know what i did? i bit the dog back by giving it a nice solid punch on the head. problem solved, didn't hurt the dog, but sure as hell put it in it's place and it hasn't once bit at me since. I do have to comment in both dogs, from this thread, defense, as i know both the yellow lab and nelly and this is very a-typical behavior of either the dogs; if this not the first time incidents like this have occured. The yellow lab is an extremely well behaved dog, very good around kite lines and kite. These are both dogs that i feel should be allowed to run around free at the kite beach despite one fairly trivial, IMO, incident.

kataku, if you get the cops called down to the kite beach because of your temper, i'm going to start calling you kataKOOK; nothing personal, i just dont like cops and dont want them coming down to the kite beach for any reason because as it stands right now, they have no reason to ever come down there and we need to keep it that way.

i think that if anybody brought a foaming at the mouth dog down to the kite beach, or even a vaguely agressive looking dog down to the kitebeach, i'm pretty sure people would tell the owner right away to either leash it up or put it in the car. There shouldn't be any aggressive dogs down at the kite beach and so there should be no shit beating out of any dogs, maybe one good punch to the head, and definately not hard enough to injure the dog; but no beating the shit out of any dogs or owners.

now i just have to work on getting the port to put up a dog poo bag dispenser, the kitebeach is after all nicknamed the dump.

Does anybody think that maybe we should enforce a leash law on saturday and sunday? and let the dogs run free during the weekdays when it isn't so busy? personally, i think all dogs should be allowed to run free down at the kite beach all the time but this is a community and we should try to compromise on the issue.

Kodiak

Since 01 Aug 2005
1114 Posts

Slidey

PostMon Jun 25, 07 3:00 pm     Reply with quote

Quote:
I do have to comment in both dogs, from this thread, defense, as i know both the yellow lab and nelly and this is very a-typical behavior of either the dogs; if this not the first time incidents like this have occured. The yellow lab is an extremely well behaved dog, very good around kite lines and kite. These are both dogs that i feel should be allowed to run around free at the kite beach despite one fairly trivial, IMO, incident.

I have three dogs of my own. They are all pretty well behaved, but I don't bring them with me because of 2 reasons. I don't want to watch them, and I don't want them to mess up someone elses day.

The problem really becomes when you get a bunch of dogs running aorund together off leash. Most dogs act differently in a "pack" than they do when they are alone. Same thing is seen in people with "mob" mentality. So the sweetest most loveing dog can do things it normally wouldn't if it was in a pack.

I don't mind people bringing their dogs to the beach, or letting them run free. I just think that they follow a few simple rules:
1. If you are not around to watch them tie them up.
2. Clean up after your dog
3. If your dog damages something you own paying for it.
4. If your dog screws up it should go back to the car or home.

forrest

Since 21 Jun 2005
4329 Posts
Hood River
Hick

CGKA Member

PostMon Jun 25, 07 3:02 pm     Reply with quote

magicmaker wrote:
Does anybody think that maybe we should enforce a leash law on saturday and sunday? and let the dogs run free during the weekdays when it isn't so busy? personally, i think all dogs should be allowed to run free down at the kite beach all the time but this is a community and we should try to compromise on the issue.

It's simple, if you can't watch your dog, tie it up.

Mark

Since 20 Jun 2005
3677 Posts
I need my fix because I'm a
Naishaholic

PostMon Jun 25, 07 3:15 pm     Reply with quote

Its not about if your dog is nice or not (everyone says there dog is nice). There is already a LAW...

There is a leash law during the day. Early am and dusk dogs can run free otherwise they must be leashed.

Its the law please follow it.

www.naishkites.com

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostMon Jun 25, 07 3:20 pm     Reply with quote

I'm calm now, it's okay! Laughing

P.S. - I am a kook.

tstansbury

Since 06 Jun 2006
649 Posts
Rowena and P.C
Addicted

PostMon Jun 25, 07 3:40 pm     Reply with quote

even nice dogs crap on the beach if you are not watching it tie it up so when you come back you will know if it took a crap.

KITEADDICT

Since 13 Apr 2006
117 Posts
PDX west side
Stoked

PostMon Jun 25, 07 5:21 pm     Reply with quote

I have had some close calls with dogs and there big claws steping on my kite almost puting a hole in the canopy. I also get nervous when people smoke to close to my kite.

registered

Since 12 Jul 2005
1319 Posts
tsunami
Sandbagger

PostMon Jun 25, 07 5:34 pm     Reply with quote

Yeah I don't get it is it that hard to be responsible and tie up your dog if your out riding so if it shits it is near your stuff. I have two dogs and they are always rtestrained when I ride.

If you biting nellys owner your lucky this time maybe you should be more responsible from now on.

I have had a high stress german wirehair pointer who would nip when he was stressed. in two years of his short life he rarely got off the leash because of his behavior I can't even imagine being such a fool and letting such a dog roam.

lance_k

Since 04 May 2005
561 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostMon Jun 25, 07 6:10 pm    keep the sandbar free for the dogs! Reply with quote

if there is a problem take it up with the owner and/or go kite somewhere else. if a dog is a repeat offender then there is a case for banishment. don't ruin it for everyone. same goes for an unsafe kiter.

i love how the people who don't even live here make the most noise about what takes place here- this forum has gotten outta control. hood river is not portland nor is the sandbar forest park.

people need to lighten up... kiteboarding is going to suck as bad as windsurfing does if rules become the norm. i'll be taking some heat for saying this but jesus wtf?

this isnt directed at forest... it's about the witch hunt going on against our furry friends.

Rico

Since 13 Mar 2005
1219 Posts
Vancouver
Photographer

PostMon Jun 25, 07 6:49 pm    I found the problem Reply with quote

I found the problem, someone just needs to turn the wind back on and all will be better. Drunk

No Wind
 No Wind  current_wind.jpg 

Moto

Since 03 Sep 2006
2698 Posts
Still a gojo pimp!
Moto Mouth

PostMon Jun 25, 07 7:23 pm    Re: keep the sandbar free for the dogs! Reply with quote

lance_k wrote:
kiteboarding is going to suck as bad as windsurfing does

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

Bettyboarder

Since 18 Mar 2005
1823 Posts
PDX/ White Salmon
Mrs. Site Lackey

PostMon Jun 25, 07 7:23 pm     Reply with quote

It cool if you bring your pups to the beach just keep a eye on them or have your friends on the beach keep a eye on them. I think it's all about respecting your fellow kiter, we are all there to have fun

Let just go kite then everyone will be happy Very Happy

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: