Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

landboard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
SoOR

Since 10 Mar 2007
56 Posts
Ashland, OR

PostSun Jun 24, 07 11:42 am    landboard Reply with quote

was wondering if anyone here has strong opinions pro/con on any of the MBS or Ground Industries landboards for kiting.......i'm in So.Oregon and no one sells landboards here so i can't see any boards in person which would be nice to see how much flex some of them have. i weigh 165lbs.

many of the boards on MBS site,etc...say they are fine for kiting so was wondering if anyone had a better opinion from experience on 1 of the boards so i could narrow if down since im buying via internet.

i searched on here for any previous conversations on landboards but didn't see anything.

ansarha

Since 01 Jul 2006
112 Posts
Redmond Oregon
Stoked

PostSun Jun 24, 07 1:17 pm     Reply with quote

Well i kiteboard and landboard and the land boards i use is a MBS comp 16 with the orange eggs shocks.. im about 215 lbs and there is plenty of spring for me? where do you plan on land boarding at?

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2575 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostSun Jun 24, 07 2:01 pm     Reply with quote

I just got the Comp 95. I think it's their first kite specific design model. I haven't had a chance to kite with it yet but just riding around it feels awesome!

I think the higher end boards mainly bring lightness and durability for jumping. If you plan on jumping then spend a little more than if you just plan on cruising. Otherwise they all work pretty well.

Ben @ Pacwave is very knowledgeable and can ship to you.

Smile

ansarha

Since 01 Jul 2006
112 Posts
Redmond Oregon
Stoked

PostSun Jun 24, 07 2:30 pm     Reply with quote

i do agree!!!! get a good set up so if you do start to jump you wont have to do repairs..... its alot better crusing then repairing.....

SoOR

Since 10 Mar 2007
56 Posts
Ashland, OR

PostSun Jun 24, 07 3:04 pm     Reply with quote

thanks....i moved down from portland and come to realization that its not the gorge and flukey valley winds are what i have to deal with in rogue valley so i might as well start dirtboarding to get more use on my kites but it does pick up pretty good here on the lakes in the summer. will probably kite on grass or dirt and the coast whenever i get out there.

i was checking out the Cmp 6 on mbs site because they marked it down due to "cosmetic blemishes" but seems to have all the upgrades trucks/board/wheels,etc....but says its good for weight upto 175 and im 165lbs so didnt want to bust it.....ps- for anyone looking for a board, ikitesurf.com has a 15% coupon code for purchases made on MBS site which is decent since no one seems to have sales on mountainboards.

thanks for feedback. many of the kite shops online seemed to sell more ground industries vs. MBS so i wanted to see if there was any thoughts from anyone on here before i rolled the dice and just picked a board just from reading the manufacturer hype

Last edited by SoOR on Sun Jun 24, 07 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mark

Since 20 Jun 2005
3677 Posts
I need my fix because I'm a
Naishaholic

PostSun Jun 24, 07 3:06 pm    Place to play Reply with quote

Rumour has it there is 26 acres of CLEAN sand somewhere near Hood river. Wink

www.naishkites.com

SoOR

Since 10 Mar 2007
56 Posts
Ashland, OR

PostSun Jun 24, 07 3:12 pm     Reply with quote

well if i lived in hood river i probably wouldn't be looking at buying a land board, i would be in the water Smile

spike_101

Since 29 Jan 2007
87 Posts

PostSun Jun 24, 07 8:37 pm     Reply with quote

I have a GI FLight Lite 100. It is the sickest board i have ever riden. I have tryed lower end no name boards and i have also riden mbs boards. The flight lite is my hands down favorite. ITs only 14 pounds and its super light feeling on your feet while jumping. IF you can, try to ride different boards before you buy. Find one that fits your riding style.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: