Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Race Alert- Friday Night 5:30 at the Sandbar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Airnsails

Since 22 Jun 2005
104 Posts
Hood River, OR
Stoked

PostThu Jun 21, 07 2:58 pm    Race Alert- Friday Night 5:30 at the Sandbar Reply with quote

This is a fun race where anyone can enter as long as you can go upwind. Come race for an hour then freeride until its time for beer (the grand prize) in the parking lot. Riders meeting is at the Sandbar parking lot ramp at 5:30. We need riders for a fun race, so come on out.

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostFri Jun 22, 07 6:02 am     Reply with quote

Sounds like fun! I'd go but I'm outta town, hope the rest-a-yuz have a good time.

Mark

Since 20 Jun 2005
3677 Posts
I need my fix because I'm a
Naishaholic

PostFri Jun 22, 07 9:13 pm     Reply with quote

Thanks for a great race! By the third race my legs were burning. I will join you again in the future.
Mark

www.naishkites.com

Airnsails

Since 22 Jun 2005
104 Posts
Hood River, OR
Stoked

PostSat Jun 23, 07 7:13 am     Reply with quote

Congratulations to all of you who raced. We ran 4 races on a course that was about a mile long. The course went from mid-sandbar upwind to a big red nunn (metal Buoy) in front of the Event site and a screaming downwinder to the most downwind point of the sand bar, back up to the red nunn, and downwind to the finish. Each heat took roughly 10- 15 minutes. Hawaii's Shawn Richman dominated each heat with his 10 meter Cabrinha Crossbow and custom twintip Stretch race board. There were four of us each heat the followed close behind. Cory Roesler, Ken Winner, Ken Lucas, Mark and a few other Portlanders (sorry if I missed your name).

The highlight of the event was when Richard Hallman came flying in on a helicopter to shoot the Sandbar madness. We planned the 3rd heat to begin at the first heli sighting and off we went. Keep your eyes peeled for pics in an upcoming Kiteboarding mag.

Next race is Friday after next and the more people the better. It FREE!!! My magazine will also buy anyone who beats me a six pack and if you do beat me, can I have a beer?

Portland Pete

Since 08 Mar 2005
145 Posts
HR
Stoked

PostSun Jun 24, 07 7:57 pm    race nite Reply with quote

missed the race,
guess I need to check in here more often.

Wondered why a helicopter was soo low
while I was up at the WS bridge.

I wandered down afterwards to catch
more of the Richman show and hear how
exciting the racing is for the riders.

Great job of promoting such an event

Pete

chanson

Since 31 Jan 2006
1873 Posts
WISCONSIN
Chimey

PostSun Jun 24, 07 8:08 pm     Reply with quote

sounds cool.....

we were en route but didn't make it in time.

NExt fri for sure. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: