Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Kiting Pacific City

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
chuteski

Since 07 Jun 2006
5 Posts
McMinnville
Kook

PostTue Jun 19, 07 7:15 pm    Kiting Pacific City Reply with quote

I noticed that Flyinelvis is lives in PC. Everytime I am there I never see a kiter. Am I looking in the wrong spot? Does anyone kite there regularly or is it very wind and wave dependent? Living in Mcminnville it is a long drive to Hood or Jones or Sunset, etc... PC would be great!
Thanks,
Mark

kss

Since 24 Apr 2006
614 Posts
pdx
Addicted

PostTue Jun 19, 07 7:25 pm     Reply with quote

i've kited there a few times on typical NW wind. just b/c that is where i normally surf. downwinder from the brew pub to the turnaround. it is definitely flukey wind b/c of the headland. but doable with a bowkite. used my 11m. fun way to cap off a morning of surf when the wind starts coming up!

tinyE

Since 21 Jan 2006
2004 Posts
not really an
XTreme Poster

PostTue Jun 19, 07 8:26 pm     Reply with quote

i kite there pretty often... but i'm out right now recovering from shoulder surgery... the wind is better from the turnaround south, but there's no place to downwind to...so ya, downwind from the peli to the turnaround, or a lot of times, I just go out and maintain at the turnaround... (ride waves down, then come back up wind on the outside)....

still playing around with places in the bay

tstansbury

Since 06 Jun 2006
649 Posts
Rowena and P.C
Addicted

PostWed Jun 20, 07 5:43 am     Reply with quote

I usually go south of the turn around.

Ryan

Since 14 Jul 2005
536 Posts
Oregon
Addicted

PostWed Jun 20, 07 7:08 am    skip PC for kiting Reply with quote

go to roads end in LC. better wind than PC same drive time. its a bit onshore there but the waves can be fun especially when its small everywhere else. there is often others out either on kites or poleboards.

Ryan

bulae99

Since 12 Jul 2006
1691 Posts

I give out bad advice.

PostWed Jun 20, 07 10:59 am    If you live in McMinville Reply with quote

You should be going to Siletz Bay! Great place to kite! I used to live in Salem and would go to Siletz Bay as much as possible. The sensor burnt down, but there are some free cams.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: