Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Wells Island Kiting Proposal
Page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Author Message
eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1633 Posts

XTreme Poster



PostSun Sep 13, 20 9:42 am     Reply with quote

Let's all agree that Wells will stay Wells, but perhaps not harsh out on the original post in that his goal is to increase access. I think there is enough frustration, smoke, Covid and divisiveness going around without alienating a fellow wind warrior?

Eric

View user's profile Send private message
Singlemalt

Since 21 Jun 2015
316 Posts
White Salmon
Obsessed



PostSun Sep 13, 20 9:50 am     Reply with quote

Wait, what about the proposed Broughton Mill development? Can’t we do that first?
_________________
Pull the cork.

View user's profile Send private message
Nak

Since 19 May 2005
3885 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member


PostSun Sep 13, 20 9:51 am     Reply with quote

Well said Eric.

View user's profile Send private message
lotsoluck

Since 02 Jun 2018
9 Posts
gorge
Kook



PostSun Sep 13, 20 11:48 am     Reply with quote

Im not convinced the original post was by a kiter

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
McLovin

Since 11 Sep 2017
153 Posts
Corbett
Stoked



PostSun Sep 13, 20 12:01 pm    All About Access Reply with quote

Touche' Mr. eric Smile

Totally support more access, especially along the Corbett corridor, seems like some underutilized opportunities for when Rooster goes nuclear...

But we are stuck inside NOT kiting - [i]so there will be some punny posts[i]

Mc


_________________
42, the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe and Everything Smile

Last edited by McLovin on Mon Sep 14, 20 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
MikeZ

Since 17 Jul 2012
202 Posts
Beaverton / Seaside / Govy
Stoked



PostMon Sep 14, 20 9:49 am     Reply with quote

I don't think the number and quality of access points is a problem. What bugs me is that I have to go back to shore to get a beer.

I propose a series of "kite up" floating bars along the corridor, at least between Stevenson and Hood River. Think of the marketing potential, the new opportunities for competition. The Stevenson to Hood River Wind Driven Pub Crawl!

This is where I think we should put our efforts...

View user's profile Send private message
wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1515 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster



PostMon Sep 14, 20 10:59 am     Reply with quote

MikeZ wrote:

I propose a series of "kite up" floating bars along the corridor


Me too!! We had this on our trip to Union Island. Kite up, place your order, drop kite in the water and never unhook while you have drinks. Fun!!

_________________
CGKA Member
-------
Kip Wylie

View user's profile Send private message
shred_da_gorge

Since 12 Nov 2008
947 Posts

Opinionated



PostMon Sep 14, 20 2:26 pm     Reply with quote

Dagnation... alliteration! Surely a sign of desperation. At least no more alienation!

View user's profile Send private message
Nak

Since 19 May 2005
3885 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member


PostMon Sep 14, 20 5:59 pm     Reply with quote

MikeZ wrote:
I don't think the number and quality of access points is a problem. What bugs me is that I have to go back to shore to get a beer.

I propose a series of "kite up" floating bars along the corridor, at least between Stevenson and Hood River. Think of the marketing potential, the new opportunities for competition. The Stevenson to Hood River Wind Driven Pub Crawl!

This is where I think we should put our efforts...


WOW! OK, I am all on board with this! Thumb's Up Thumb's Up Thumb's Up

I have to say, though, this would not do my foiling any good at all, LOL. Twin tipping, I can drink, pain killers, whatever. Foiling, not so much.

View user's profile Send private message
Nak

Since 19 May 2005
3885 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member


PostMon Sep 14, 20 6:01 pm     Reply with quote

wylieflyote wrote:

Me too!! We had this on our trip to Union Island. Kite up, place your order, drop kite in the water and never unhook while you have drinks. Fun!!


You can not post this. At least not without more details and how to duplicate this!!!!

View user's profile Send private message
MikeZ

Since 17 Jul 2012
202 Posts
Beaverton / Seaside / Govy
Stoked



PostMon Sep 14, 20 8:27 pm     Reply with quote

Nak wrote:
I have to say, though, this would not do my foiling any good at all, LOL. Twin tipping, I can drink, pain killers, whatever. Foiling, not so much.

We should always work to improve our skills. I have faith in you...

View user's profile Send private message
wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1515 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster



PostTue Sep 15, 20 8:45 am     Reply with quote

Nak wrote:
wylieflyote wrote:

Me too!! We had this on our trip to Union Island. Kite up, place your order, drop kite in the water and never unhook while you have drinks. Fun!!


You can not post this. At least not without more details and how to duplicate this!!!!


It's there at Union Island just off shore of the kite center. A bunch of us Seattle/Tacoma people went there on an 8-day sail barefoot kite trip a few years ago. High point of the trip was kiting Union Island on the full moon, launching in the midst of a Rave... with the beach/launch packed tightly with all on ecstasy or shooms. Trippy.

Not foil-a-ble because the tides make for shallow reefs.

_________________
CGKA Member
-------
Kip Wylie

View user's profile Send private message
Pepi

Since 16 Jun 2006
1789 Posts
Pure Stoke Sports
Shop Owner

CGKA Member


PostTue Sep 15, 20 9:25 am     Reply with quote

wylieflyote wrote:
High point of the trip was kiting Union Island on the full moon, launching in the midst of a Rave... with the beach/launch packed tightly with all on ecstasy or shooms. Trippy.


I always figured to be one of those Raver party types Kip.

_________________
Pure Stoke Sports
Hood River, OR
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hood-River-OR/2nd-Wind-Sports/35891485558?ref=mf
www.Purestokesports.com

View user's profile Send private message
skideeppow

Since 26 Aug 2011
485 Posts

Obsessed



PostTue Sep 15, 20 1:32 pm     Reply with quote

is there still a mandatory 5 day quarantine for Americans?

View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum