Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Victor's
Page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
TravisBickleRex

Since 30 Jun 2005
313 Posts

Taxi Driver

PostTue Oct 08, 19 8:23 am    Victor's Reply with quote

Regarding the new launch, if history is important to you, "Victor's" is the clear choice. Who else has 35+ wind seasons in the gorge, and this year windsurfed Pistol one day in cataclysmic wave conditions, kited the next and then windsurfed Arlington the day after. Not just one session each day either but up to 3 session a day. Some mixing kiting and windsurfing on the same day. The man is the elder statesman of the wind, and king of the gorge in my book. He's been slaying in the swell and waves literally longer than many of you hav been alive. Put simply, he's a wind sport beast who deserves all of our recognition. I honestly can't think of a guy who gone pedal-to-the-metal, balls out, windsporting for longer and harder than Victor. And he's still got the pedal-to-the-metal. I didn't catch his pep talk before the work party, but I'm certain that it was a doozy and made some of you wonder, what exactly is powering this seemingly nuclear fusion powered beast.

So yeah, call it whatever you want, but I'm calling it Victor's.

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2053 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostTue Oct 08, 19 9:17 am    Re: Victor's Reply with quote

TravisBickleRex wrote:

Thumb's Up

Link

Jonpnw

Since 22 Jul 2010
1322 Posts
Pacific Northwest
XTreme Poster

PostTue Oct 08, 19 9:24 am    Victors Beach @ Dougs Reply with quote

Victor !!

Join the Columbia Gorge Water Sports Association. http://gorgewindsurfing.org/

Karp

Since 11 Mar 2015
42 Posts
Mt Hood

PostWed Oct 09, 19 10:45 am     Reply with quote

Victor’s for the win or Inflictors sounds good also🤙

Sella

Since 21 Apr 2007
1794 Posts
Doin' The Dalles
FLY'IN HIGH PIE GUY

PostWed Oct 09, 19 11:56 am    Victor'y Beach Reply with quote

Basically how last Saturday looked....

Victory Beach.jpg 

Gman

Since 11 Feb 2006
4907 Posts
Portland
Unstrapped

PostWed Oct 09, 19 12:55 pm     Reply with quote

unacceptable

INFLICTORs now thats the greatest of all time handles

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eu2pBpQolKE

Pepi

Since 16 Jun 2006
1831 Posts
Pure Stoke Sports
Shop Owner

CGKA Member

PostWed Oct 09, 19 1:24 pm    Re: Victor's Reply with quote

First off I love Travis's description of a 'daily' Victor week, and I'm pretty sure the pep-talk at the clean up had some serious references from the Tough Fucker Club.

I agree on the name "Victor's" out of pure sentimentality and appreciation for how much unsung and unrecognized commitment and blood that Victor has contributed to the Gorge that we know and love.

*Admittedly, yes, he is one of my local heroes and I love nothing more than seeing him on the water or the beach and having him remind me of how awesome it is that we get to do what we do here.
And, no matter what it is named, the name "Victor's" is also now what it will mean to me.

TravisBickleRex wrote:
Regarding the new launch, if history is important to you, "Victor's" is the clear choice. Who else has 35+ wind seasons in the gorge, and this year windsurfed Pistol one day in cataclysmic wave conditions, kited the next and then windsurfed Arlington the day after. Not just one session each day either but up to 3 session a day. Some mixing kiting and windsurfing on the same day. The man is the elder statesman of the wind, and king of the gorge in my book. He's been slaying in the swell and waves literally longer than many of you hav been alive. Put simply, he's a wind sport beast who deserves all of our recognition. I honestly can't think of a guy who gone pedal-to-the-metal, balls out, windsporting for longer and harder than Victor. And he's still got the pedal-to-the-metal. I didn't catch his pep talk before the work party, but I'm certain that it was a doozy and made some of you wonder, what exactly is powering this seemingly nuclear fusion powered beast.

www.Purestokesports.com

bigjohn

Since 13 Mar 2012
663 Posts

Addicted

PostWed Oct 09, 19 2:46 pm     Reply with quote

VTI's beach

knotwindy

Since 25 Sep 2011
598 Posts

Addicted

PostWed Oct 09, 19 4:34 pm     Reply with quote

Nice,

Playa Infictora Laughing

realharry

Since 03 Nov 2008
31 Posts
Oregon

PostThu Oct 10, 19 10:48 am     Reply with quote

Yes! Finally someone with some clout speaks up. Victor deserves a lot more recognition than he gets. I’d also like to nominate him for CGW2’s Most Stoked for next year. There is no one like Victor that has set such a solid foundation of life-long stoke.
Glad we got this beach name thing figured out.
And remember if you don’t want to listen to real harry, then listen to Travis. He’s also
The man oh and Pepi cause He knows what’s up.

VICTORS, about time. Now who’s building the bench?

barfly

Since 31 Mar 2005
1210 Posts
Seaside
BRACKISH

PostThu Oct 10, 19 3:18 pm     Reply with quote

Thanks TBR for this shout. Victor is a legend. Twisted Evil

STORMRIDER

Since 17 Jul 2007
222 Posts

Stoked

PostSat Oct 19, 19 11:38 am    VICTOR’S INFLICTION BEACH Reply with quote

Proud to consider this man a friend! I wanna charge like that dude when I’m 70! Legendary!

Inflictor

Since 17 Aug 2013
144 Posts

Stoked

PostSun Oct 20, 19 9:58 am    Totally Honored Reply with quote

Gang, In the wake of the most epic day of the season yesterday at 3Mile, where my best friend died windsurfing 10 yrs ago, I'm almost brought to tears with the love and respect I'm feeling from you all. It needs alot more work to make that launch doable and safe, and I'd like to see no seperation between the feelings of kiters and windsurfers, as it should be "our" beach. For right now lets keep calling it Doug's until the work is complete and it becomes safe. Thanks, with much respect and gratitude,
Inflictor Out

bigjohn

Since 13 Mar 2012
663 Posts

Addicted

PostSun Oct 20, 19 12:33 pm    Re: Totally Honored Reply with quote

Inflictor wrote:
Gang, In the wake of the most epic day of the season yesterday at 3Mile, ...

EPIC it was.
VTI - Thanks for getting me out to 3 mile yesterday. Best session of the season!!!

Inflictor wrote:

I'd like to see no seperation between the feelings of kiters and windsurfers, as it should be "our" beach

Wisdom prevails

Karp

Since 11 Mar 2015
42 Posts
Mt Hood

PostSun Oct 20, 19 6:27 pm     Reply with quote

Sounds killer Victor. And 3mile was so epic yesterday! Great session with y’all!

Kraemer

Since 24 Apr 2006
1735 Posts
Sky Pilot
Unicorn Captain

PostSun Oct 20, 19 6:45 pm     Reply with quote

I give the man props. He's always point on. And in the place to be. +CBD Almost sounds like our prophet. -King of Kitelaham-. I would have loved to hit it saturday. Up and down the coast people are scoring big-time. From PDX? its a drive out there. 300 miles R/T from Stumptown. I used to have a crew -but hey- I need to find a new crew of homeis to pool with. HMU homies!

Inflictor

Since 17 Aug 2013
144 Posts

Stoked

PostThu Oct 24, 19 6:32 am    thank's again, but Reply with quote

Thanks again for the kudos, but an important history lesson seems necessary at this point.The original Lyle area locals used to call Doug's "Fred and Barney's" before Doug Campbell ( of Doug's Sports on Oak St in the Hive started going there ) because of the way cool rock outcropping on top of the cliff looking to the NW. Cartoon rock outcropping of Barney yakking at Fred, (use your imagination). Also, if your are not in too much of a hurry to get on the water to read the historical signage at both the parking lot and signboard down at the beach, you'll find out about the "Friendly Village" of Native Americans that Lewis and Clark encountered THERE in 1803. They hunkered down there for days 'cause it was nukin! So with respect for history, I'm calling it "Fred and Barney's" Kite beach at Doug's Beach State Park, as it was their's first, until a bunch of psycho windaholics started showing up from the "Hive" because Doug found a place that blew every afternoon around 5pm when it gagged at the marina. So let's make it a friendly beach again for all,with no animosity to any wind, paddle, foil, fisherman, canoer, picknicker, tree hugger, bird watcher, whoever, and try to understand each others needs and concerns and make it "Our" beach, completely safe and friendly for all. Inflictor Out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: