Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Favorite Quiver

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Moto

Since 03 Sep 2006
2698 Posts
Still a gojo pimp!
Moto Mouth

PostWed May 16, 07 3:01 pm    Favorite Quiver Reply with quote

If money wasn't an issue what would be your quiver of kites? Would you have all the same kites - certain model for low end and then a different model for high end. Specifically - if you could only get one kite for each size what would it be?

Just curious about people's preferences.

Last edited by Moto on Wed May 16, 07 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

forrest

Since 21 Jun 2005
4329 Posts
Hood River
Hick

CGKA Member

PostWed May 16, 07 3:45 pm     Reply with quote

My perfect quiver would have one of every kite.

Just got home, if you're ever coming from the east, don't connect through Chicago. This is the second time my life has been a living hell because of Chicago.

Moto

Since 03 Sep 2006
2698 Posts
Still a gojo pimp!
Moto Mouth

PostWed May 16, 07 3:46 pm     Reply with quote

Forrest wrote:
My perfect quiver would have one of every kite.

Just got home, if you're ever coming from the east, don't connect through Chicago. This is the second time my life has been a living hell because of Chicago.

What happened in Chicago?

forrest

Since 21 Jun 2005
4329 Posts
Hood River
Hick

CGKA Member

PostWed May 16, 07 3:50 pm     Reply with quote

Oh, just total chaos through security and almost missed my flight because of it. When you arrive international they put you back outside and you have to go through the main security checkpoints as everyone else. I understand why, they should just correlate with the airlines that only give people 1 hour to make their connecting flights.

When I connect through SFO it's never this bad.

It's so nice to be home, the warm weather is what I noticed first!

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the
retired kiter & motorhead Unicorn Master

PostWed May 16, 07 4:02 pm     Reply with quote

LMAO

Last time I went through o'hara from Boston we couldn't find our connecting flight on the gate information screen. We went to the NW airlines counter and they informed us that our connecting flight was canceled and rebooked over a month ago. WTF!! Ok, so put us on that flight.. "well sir, that flight already left and was overbooked anyway" "so what the hell am I supposed to do!! I need to be in PDX tonight!!!" There is no need to get upset sir, I didn't do anything.....

They were so completely fucking rude I was going to choke the shit out of her. After three different people and 2 hours we finally got someone to dump us on a plane to San Fran where we arrive at 1am and have a 6am connection flight to PDX.

BUT.. here is the real kicker.

They put us in first class on the SFO- PDX flight for our troubles and who do I see inline at the gate? MY EX WIFE's NEW SMUG ASS HUSABAND!!

I could barely believe it but my fiance and I were going to have the last laugh as we were in 1st class so we could give him the nose in the air "whatever" look as he descneded into the pit of hell coach class. So we board the plane and where does that pious little asshole sit? First class cabin, same row, right on the other side of the aisle!!

Un-fucking-believable

Rolling Eyes

Moto

Since 03 Sep 2006
2698 Posts
Still a gojo pimp!
Moto Mouth

PostWed May 16, 07 4:06 pm     Reply with quote

Screw Ohara - both of your stories sound like they sucked!

I won't fly through Ohara cus I don't want to run into my ex-wife's new husband and then have him sit next to me in first class that would totally suck ass!

blancoh2o

Since 15 Mar 2005
1153 Posts
Oregon
Phishy

PostWed May 16, 07 4:50 pm     Reply with quote

terremoto wrote:
Screw Ohara - both of your stories sound like they sucked!

I won't fly through Ohara cus I don't want to run into my ex-wife's new husband and then have him sit next to me in first class that would totally suck ass!

At least he is stuck with her instead of you.

https://kb4c.rallyup.com/kb4c/286ef9/Member

Moto

Since 03 Sep 2006
2698 Posts
Still a gojo pimp!
Moto Mouth

PostThu May 17, 07 7:44 am     Reply with quote

blancoh2o wrote:

At least he is stuck with her instead of you.

Yeah, definately, I am glad that he is not stuck with me! Laughing I heard he snores.

magicmaker

Since 29 Oct 2006
895 Posts
da Hood
Opinionated

PostThu May 17, 07 10:14 am     Reply with quote

my perfect quiver would be the exact same quiver that i have Smile with the addition of a 7m fuel, but i hardly ever ride my 8m octane anyway, so i couldn't justify getting the 7m

'06 8m octane
'07 9m fuel
'07 11m fuel
'07 13m fuel

Cool

two smaller kites use a 17" bar, and the two larger use a 20" bar both with 23m lines. A misfit 127 with two sets of fins 2" and .75" and SRT 5'11" all makes for one very happy kiter

Moto

Since 03 Sep 2006
2698 Posts
Still a gojo pimp!
Moto Mouth

PostThu May 17, 07 10:49 am     Reply with quote

magicmaker wrote:
my perfect quiver would be the exact same quiver that i have Smile with the addition of a 7m fuel, but i hardly ever ride my 8m octane anyway, so i couldn't justify getting the 7m

'06 8m octane
'07 9m fuel
'07 11m fuel
'07 13m fuel

Cool

two smaller kites use a 17" bar, and the two larger use a 20" bar both with 23m lines. A misfit 127 with two sets of fins 2" and .75" and SRT 5'11" all makes for one very happy kiter

What about a light wind kite? Do you use your 13M fuel?

magicmaker

Since 29 Oct 2006
895 Posts
da Hood
Opinionated

PostThu May 17, 07 11:26 am     Reply with quote

if it aint blowing hard enough to fly my 13m and ride my SRT it aint blowing hard enough to go kiting, i'd rather sit on the beach and drink beer.

I'd have to be jonesing really bad to bust out my 20.5 machine and my glide. the machine has been sitting on the floor in my garage since last year, and i think i've only ridden the glide about 5 times. hopefully it will see some more use when my dad learns how to kite.

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostThu May 17, 07 11:47 am     Reply with quote

I'm the same way... If it's not 13m, then I'll just play in the water! Laughing

Though it was kinda cool to be overpowered on Tony's 17.5 Machine the other day when only a few others were out.

shredjim

Since 07 Jun 2006
186 Posts

Stoked

PostThu May 17, 07 11:55 am     Reply with quote

Only three kites necessary for the Gorge, and Oregon Coast.

7 m Rhino
10 m Rhino
14 m Vegas

If going to warm water/air throw in a 12 m Rhino Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: