Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Anyone get out to Rooster yesterday?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2575 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostTue May 15, 07 5:40 am    Anyone get out to Rooster yesterday? Reply with quote

The wind readings looked nice...curious about the water level...

Looked like SI offered up a few puffs around 7pm?

pacifichigh

Since 11 May 2005
1004 Posts
ATX
Texan

PostTue May 15, 07 5:58 am     Reply with quote

Gman told me that he ventured deep into the Viet Schlong territory in search of a dry piece of land to launch from. After many hairy encounters and lack of sand he opted to retreat and stayed in knee deep water to avoid any ambushes.

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostTue May 15, 07 6:36 am     Reply with quote

"hairy encounters" ... ugh, brutal. Confused

sleestack

Since 07 Dec 2006
182 Posts
Land of the Lost
Stoked

PostTue May 15, 07 6:44 am     Reply with quote

[quote="pacifichigh"] After many hairy encounters.

I went to SI yesterday and got skunked. I didn't want to brave the afternoon east bound traffic and all the traffic on the cornhole trail.

Did Gman get some time on the water or anyone else for that matter. It's blowing east again today.

Gman

Since 11 Feb 2006
4907 Posts
Portland
Unstrapped

PostTue May 15, 07 7:13 am     Reply with quote

Could see nice wind up a mile by Sand Island - Cock blocked by high water - Viet Schlong owned the high ground - opted for the trail less traveled - could of used a canoe - the wind looked perfect off of sand island, figured would "wade" up the trail and launch the 12m and skim off the sand dune about a mile down.

Gave it my best - the trail was shoulder deep at spots and flowing - got to the channel that separtes the OR side from sand island - Wind was perfect but no clear spot to launch - tried to ford the channel but was looking at a long swim.

Has potential. The swamp walk was sorta Discovery Channel - the dry trail was scary - eyes down walk fast - did run into one pair of Bikini Hotties - nice surprise but the Viet Schlong had the numbers - be afraid very afraid.

Speedo

Since 07 May 2007
262 Posts

Obsessed

PostTue May 15, 07 8:35 am     Reply with quote

Ummmm.... could someone spell it out for me?

I'm presuming the Viet Schlong are the nudist dudes?

chanson

Since 31 Jan 2006
1873 Posts
WISCONSIN
Chimey

PostTue May 15, 07 9:01 am     Reply with quote

I have bushwacked my way through their territory a few times at high water.....I was neck-deep for a while thinking I was going to be attacked by a gator or some huge boa or something....but, we're in Oregon...so it was all good.

I guess John and Carl ventured out there only to fight the current and get a short ride from stairway to stairway.

I couldn't make it, due to the doc's orders.... Crying or Very sad I might need to go through my surgery all over again....F#*K

I am waiting for a CT scan to be sure. In the mean-time, she said "just don't go jumping 40 ft in the air on your kite..." So, if I stay on the water I think I should be fine, until the final verdict comes back.

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2575 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostTue May 15, 07 9:02 am     Reply with quote

Yes...nude guys.

RR blowing now but gradient already in decline. Get it quick and find a way to launch off the rocks.

Frustrating! Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: