Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Sauvies Demo Days and Movie Premier
Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Kraemer

Since 24 Apr 2006
1735 Posts
Sky Pilot
Unicorn Captain

PostTue May 08, 07 9:13 pm     Reply with quote

I hope the demo will be like today! Good to get together after a long dry spell. Beer anyone?

groundclown

Since 12 May 2007
135 Posts
Hood River
Stoked

PostSat May 12, 07 12:19 pm     Reply with quote

Boarding Bob will be at Sauvies representing Windwing. He will have the Batwing9m, and a 12m and 15.5m prototype Batwing along with all the Rampage2 kites. It will be about one more week before the production Batwings arrive. Demos can be arranged in Hood River at that time.
http://www.windwing.com
info@windwing.com
Jonathon

windwing kite

Since 14 May 2007
15 Posts

PostMon May 14, 07 10:32 am     Reply with quote

Boarding Bob found out that this is a shop sponsored demo. Since Windwing is not carried by the shop we do not want to distract the efforts made by the organizers. WE will organize Batwing and Rampage II demos at Sauvies in the near future. http://www.windwing.com/dnn/Default.aspx?tabid=60

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4204 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostMon May 14, 07 5:44 pm     Reply with quote

Ikitesurf Left Sauvies out of tommorows forecast, Usairnet is calling for light easterlies at Scapoose tommorow... Will the Sauvies Demo days go? Jones is looking a bit better...

tekko

Since 20 Feb 2006
376 Posts
White Salmon
Liquid Force

PostTue May 15, 07 7:14 am     Reply with quote

Have some faith... it will go.

Liquid Force will be present both tues and wed though just in case. Either way, come out and try out some of the SICK new 07 Liquid Force Kite Gear!

We'll have the complete line available to demo, plus our ever popular LUXURY FOOTPADS AND STRAPS. For those who've always wondered about bindings, we'll have multiple pairs and sizes of our UNION and ESCALADE bindings!

Packing the van at the moment with:

'07 Liquid Force Havoc 4m, 6m, 8m, 10m, 12m, 14m-
4 line bridled C / SLC freeride kite.

'07 Liquid Force Assault2 6m, 9m, 16m, 19m
4 Line Bow Style 2:1 Control

'07 LF MIG 7m, 9m, 12m
5 Line C Kite

*******PLUS*********

Come ride the new
RECOIL KITEBOARDS- 127cm, 130cm, 133cm, 136cm

Mission Kiteboard- 138cm, 144cm

Proof 151 Kiteboard

Recoil Aura 127cm (woman's board)

AND.....

The new SURF 5'8" and 6' Kiteboard durable glass surfboards.

We'll be there all afternoon both today and tomorrow, so come by the Liquid Force Tent and check out the latest!

Tony

Since 28 Aug 2006
940 Posts
Portland
Opinionated

PostTue May 15, 07 7:41 am     Reply with quote

I totally agree..."Have some faith..."
Here's what I think....As long as the wind is coming from the right direction, there is always hope...
Note: Here some good news, the east winds from the gorge are suppose to change this afternoon (unlike yesterday-the east winds won the battle). If the east winds change to westerlies, then the N-NW winds will start to pick up, especially if it stays cool in the coast (astoria). So the question is, when will the East winds change...?
I think Sauvies will blow today, probably not 9meter conditions like last week (that doesn't happen very often). So if your gonna pack, most definetly bring the big kites and or the large boards....
Honestly, I'm more concerned that the winds will probably be too much westerly...If anything, a great time to drink a cold one and relax with others... Wink

Mark

Since 20 Jun 2005
3677 Posts
I need my fix because I'm a
Naishaholic

PostTue May 15, 07 10:04 am     Reply with quote

At what time are we going to make the call? If we pospone then when?

www.naishkites.com

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4204 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostTue May 15, 07 10:28 am     Reply with quote

Ikitesurf forecast is a no-show today. The 7:00 forecast really came out at about 10:30 and seems to be a rehash of yesterdays forecast. Nothing on Sauvies...

litewavedave

Since 06 Jun 2005
25 Posts
Nor-Cal

PostTue May 15, 07 12:26 pm     Reply with quote

I'll be at Sauvies on Wednesday with the complete range of Trix and Sonic kites from Globe. As well as the Litewave Tsunami range

Trix is the medium aspect hybrid with a very minimal bridle. This thing is getting very popular at all my demos.

Call Gorge performance to confirm. Maybe if there's wind at Jone's we could move it out there? Whatta ya think?

Regardless, I'll be at Sauvie's about 1pm Wednesday with all the new designs and bridle innovations.

-Litewave Dave

Litewave Dave

Mark

Since 20 Jun 2005
3677 Posts
I need my fix because I'm a
Naishaholic

PostTue May 15, 07 12:32 pm     Reply with quote

Dave, It will be good to see you again. Hope there will be wind.
mark

www.naishkites.com

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostTue May 15, 07 12:40 pm     Reply with quote

Jones is going to be nuking today, any chance for a last minute move down the rode? Its maybe 20 minutes longer to drive to from PDX, but guaranteed wind today.

tinyE

Since 21 Jan 2006
2004 Posts
not really an
XTreme Poster

PostTue May 15, 07 12:50 pm     Reply with quote

who's in charge of calling Gorge Performance? I'm in for moving it. might as well, I don't think SI is going to make it in time.

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostTue May 15, 07 6:57 pm     Reply with quote

Jones is only 20 mins further than SI? I know the drive into Sauvie's takes ~20 mins, but is it really only 40 mins past? That doesn't seem so bad when you look at it like that. Hope the wind was good for you guys!

tinyE

Since 21 Jan 2006
2004 Posts
not really an
XTreme Poster

PostTue May 15, 07 8:51 pm     Reply with quote

Sauvies blew!

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostWed May 16, 07 7:02 am     Reply with quote

Kataku2k3 wrote:
Jones is only 20 mins further than SI? I know the drive into Sauvie's takes ~20 mins, but is it really only 40 mins past? That doesn't seem so bad when you look at it like that. Hope the wind was good for you guys!

I guess I meant Jones is 20 minutes further than getting all the way to the beach at Sauvies. Takes me around 35-45 minutes to get to Sauvies from downtown, Jones is about an hour depending on traffic.

Sauvies went off last night though, surprising it just came up out of nowhere around 5... it was blowing like 30 at times I think. Amery was on a 5m and threw some crazy loops. Biggest thrill of the evening for me was to ride Ruben's own Fuel and proto board. Sick stuff.

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2575 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostWed May 16, 07 7:28 am     Reply with quote

5m at SI? Shocked Shocked Shocked

Amazing! When I saw the SE7 at 4pm I thought game over! I had conflicts anyway but I'm glad it went off for you guys!

Hoping to get some this arvo at the sandbar... Very Happy

boardrider

Since 05 Apr 2006
1034 Posts
Ventura, CA
XTreme Poster

PostWed May 16, 07 8:24 am     Reply with quote

Oh man - sounds like a blast. - Glad it kicked in for you guys. Did the party/ video prem. happen at the Mac. Bar?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: