Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

CGKA New Member Signup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostTue Mar 20, 07 9:39 am    CGKA New Member Signup Reply with quote

Pay the $10, get the cool decal, get represented:

http://cgka.net/page-6.htm

(this will get added to the header menu links soon)

Last edited by pkh on Fri Mar 23, 07 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

forrest

Since 21 Jun 2005
4329 Posts
Hood River
Hick

CGKA Member

PostTue Mar 20, 07 9:48 am     Reply with quote

Can we get a new forum created for use of the CGKA? Maybe get a link created on the CGKA website to the forum as well?

tinyE

Since 21 Jan 2006
2004 Posts
not really an
XTreme Poster

PostTue Mar 20, 07 11:10 am     Reply with quote

seems like i joined last year... do we need to rejoin? I can't remember if I had to pay then or not...but I know i never got a sticker. Mad

shredjim

Since 07 Jun 2006
186 Posts

Stoked

PostTue Mar 20, 07 6:21 pm     Reply with quote

We have a forum already created, but it has not been used much.
see what you guys think......
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cgka/

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostTue Mar 20, 07 7:07 pm     Reply with quote

Jim - If you guys want we can create a CGKA specific forum here, I think it would receive a lot more exposure.

Teague

Since 10 Jul 2005
114 Posts
Really Windy Places
Stoked

PostTue Mar 20, 07 8:41 pm     Reply with quote

shredjim wrote:

Whoa! Shocked That link looks familiar! The Seattle kite crew used Yahoo as a forum for ever! I say you guys take PKH up on his offer to set you up with a PHBB like this. You would get much more out of it.

ps. PKH, have you been keeping up on the Seattle forum? We we may want to take you up on your original offer (from a long time ago) to set us up with a Seattle area forum. Our boat now has a few holes in it and it's taking on water. Confused Rolling Eyes

forrest

Since 21 Jun 2005
4329 Posts
Hood River
Hick

CGKA Member

PostTue Mar 20, 07 9:03 pm     Reply with quote

shredjim wrote:

Alright, we have a problem. How is it that this thing has existed for nine months, yet no one knows about it? Why is it that I joined the CGKA several weeks ago, yet have heard nothing about it? You need to let us know what is going on. I sent in my membership and never received anything but a confirmation of being charged.

You obviously have our email addresses. I can't believe there is a mailing list, yet zero information about it on the cgka.net website.

If this is how this association is being started, we're doomed from the beginning.

Teague

Since 10 Jul 2005
114 Posts
Really Windy Places
Stoked

PostTue Mar 20, 07 9:26 pm     Reply with quote

Forrest wrote:
shredjim wrote:

Alright, we have a problem. How is it that this thing has existed for nine months, yet no one knows about it? Why is it that I joined the CGKA several weeks ago, yet have heard nothing about it? You need to let us know what is going on. I sent in my membership and never received anything but a confirmation of being charged.

You obviously have our email addresses. I can't believe there is a mailing list, yet zero information about it on the cgka.net website.

If this is how this association is being started, we're doomed from the beginning.

Shocked Yikes!! I was ready to jump in and join but Forrest has made a good point! Where is the communication? The progress? Representation? Organization? 9 months is a long time now granted that includes a slow winter but this sounds like a good time to get the association fired up and heading in the right direction. The website seemed a bit light.

EdG

Since 19 Dec 2005
424 Posts
Just a Kook that's
Obsessed

PostWed Mar 21, 07 12:08 am     Reply with quote

Maybe a link from the cgka.net web page would help? The more universal postings could be linked Question to nwkite? Just a thought.

tinyE

Since 21 Jan 2006
2004 Posts
not really an
XTreme Poster

PostWed Mar 21, 07 6:12 am     Reply with quote

personally, i think the yahoo groups are pretty outdated ways of having forums... phil has nailed it with the phpbb.... why not just put a CGKA section here on nwkite?

Bettyboarder

Since 18 Mar 2005
1823 Posts
PDX/ White Salmon
Mrs. Site Lackey

PostWed Mar 21, 07 10:22 am     Reply with quote

shredjim,

The yahoo forum are ugly and hard to follow. Let's get a link on NWkite, I bet it would get more use then the yahoo one.

shredjim

Since 07 Jun 2006
186 Posts

Stoked

PostWed Mar 21, 07 10:40 am     Reply with quote

Thats fine with me. I'll bring it up for review. I bet all of the CGKA board members will jump at the opportunity to be the person responsible for addressing the questions/concerns/complaints of the readers on this forum. Then they can enjoy getting flamed like we have on the Event Site threads Sad Just kidding, we do appreciate the offer Phillip!

forrest

Since 21 Jun 2005
4329 Posts
Hood River
Hick

CGKA Member

PostWed Mar 21, 07 11:16 am     Reply with quote

shredjim wrote:
Thats fine with me. I'll bring it up for review. I bet all of the CGKA board members will jump at the opportunity to be the person responsible for addressing the questions/concerns/complaints of the readers on this forum. Then they can enjoy getting flamed like we have on the Event Site threads Sad Just kidding, we do appreciate the offer Phillip!

I bet if you asked for input on this forum, you'd get input plus people offering to pitch in.

I want to move forward, I have some time and plenty of energy, I just need some direction.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: