Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Photo size so that photos will appear in ad?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
coupdevill

Since 09 Mar 2016
260 Posts
Hood River, OR
Obsessed

PostMon Aug 01, 16 7:31 am    Photo size so that photos will appear in ad? Reply with quote

What size do my photos need to be in order to show up in my post/ad?

Thanks

coup

ldhr

Since 21 Jul 2009
1470 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostMon Aug 01, 16 8:30 am     Reply with quote

The forum is currently configured to allow 12 images in posts and 4 images in private messages. It's also set to allow for 5mb filesize max on posts and 2mb filesize max on private messages.

Dimensions are key - 1024x768 resolution so they show up inline, this is for either landscape or portrait formats.

Most issues with posting images here are directly related to image dimensions vs the actual filesize.

Hint: I take pics with my Iphone and then email them to my email account.
Iphone has a feature that prompts you for the photo size when you send pics - I choose small.
Then I open my email and use that image to post to NWKITE.

gnac

Since 05 Sep 2014
66 Posts
Husum

PostMon Aug 01, 16 10:43 am     Reply with quote

If your image exceeds the max size in megabytes, you won't be allowed to upload it. The failure message is pretty obscure. Just says something like "Tried to upload empty file".

ldhr wrote:
Dimensions are key - 1024x768 resolution so they show up inline, this is for either landscape or portrait formats.

True. Note too a portrait image of 768x1024 will not display inline. The vertical portion has to be less than 768 pixels.

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostMon Aug 01, 16 3:47 pm     Reply with quote

Use imgur.com to upload then just link using the URL button

coupdevill

Since 09 Mar 2016
260 Posts
Hood River, OR
Obsessed

PostTue Aug 02, 16 8:42 am     Reply with quote

Thank you!

Matt V

Since 26 Oct 2014
462 Posts
Summer- OR Coast, Winter - My van near good snow
Explosive Diarrhea

PostTue Aug 02, 16 11:07 am     Reply with quote

Paint works well to resize down to 1024 wide. Just open your picture with it.

From the home tab- find "resize" on the top bar and click on it.

"Percentage will be selected, but you need to select "pixels". As long as the "Maintain Aspect Ratio" box is checked, it resize both the horizontal and vertical at the same time.

Just change the top box to 1024 and make sure the bottom box is automatically changed to something below 768. If the bottom box is still higher than 768, reduce the top number (1024) to a smaller number until the bottom box goes to a number less than 768.

Resize.jpg 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: