Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Kiters looking for other kiters in Spokane

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
bjnacc

Since 28 Feb 2007
16 Posts

PostWed Feb 28, 07 11:03 am    Kiters looking for other kiters in Spokane Reply with quote

Hey all....me and my girlfriend are new to this sport and we are trying to find anybody out there in the Spokane/ Cda/ Sandpoint area that's looking for people to ride with. We purchased a trainer and some used gear about a year ago. We then spent some time in hood river learning to fly -recently returned from Puerto Rico where we had a little help from a local pro rider who is a good friend of mine. We are at the body dragging stage of the game.....struggled with getting up on the board but had a great time...we realize how important it is to have others around while riding ....we are also looking for info on any places locally that are kiteable.....I have been considering some of the North Idaho lakes this summer but I do understand that wind consistancy and launchable areas are an issue....there is a place I have been scouting that is north of reardon on the reservation..it's a wide area of the spokane river (about 3/4 of a mile) with a huge sand bar that extends out into the river with almost no trees around..not sure about the wind though....anyone interested or with any info please drop me a line

pacifichigh

Since 11 May 2005
1004 Posts
ATX
Texan

PostWed Feb 28, 07 11:32 am     Reply with quote

who were you riding with in PR?

bjnacc

Since 28 Feb 2007
16 Posts

PostWed Feb 28, 07 11:40 am     Reply with quote

Antoine Jaubert/ Julie Simsar

pacifichigh

Since 11 May 2005
1004 Posts
ATX
Texan

PostWed Feb 28, 07 12:10 pm     Reply with quote

I figured as much, how are the newlyweds? You were in good hands, I'm pretty tight with 'twan.

LOOP

Since 08 Feb 2007
107 Posts

Ore-Ida

PostWed Feb 28, 07 7:39 pm    Finally I knew someone was around! Reply with quote

Whats up? Glad to finally hear from someone nearby, have you been out on the snow yet? We've been going over to MT every weekend, but are ready for something closer. and have been thinking of the west plains. In the summer everyone over here talks about roosevelt south of Tri cities, and someone on this forum mentioned bayside up on pendoreille. This will be my first year and am looking forward to it. Lets hook up and find the spots.

bjnacc

Since 28 Feb 2007
16 Posts

PostThu Mar 01, 07 7:47 am     Reply with quote

Julie and Antoine are doing great....unfortunately they had very little time to spend with us ..but it was greatly appreciated

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: