Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

LONG BEACH

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
COLOMBIANO

Since 24 Apr 2005
21 Posts

PostMon Feb 19, 07 12:14 pm    LONG BEACH Reply with quote

Hello everyone. I am going to Long Beach... do you know where in long beach there is kiting.. . I am also trying to get an IKO card so that you don't have to carry all the stuff. do you have DAN's Phone...

Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostMon Feb 19, 07 12:31 pm     Reply with quote

Yo COLOMBIANO, I PM’d & emailed you my #....

~D

EdG

Since 19 Dec 2005
424 Posts
Just a Kook that's
Obsessed

PostMon Feb 19, 07 6:13 pm     Reply with quote

I'm in LA now and brought my summer cal ride guide has these listed as free ride places. Google them or PM me and I'll hit you the numbers.

Kite Etc.
Kite Surfari
Captin Kirks

are listed for Sunset Beach.

I'm checking out a shop Tuesday and I'll keep you posted.

I'm also thinking about those IKO cards. Anyone know much about them?

Gman

Since 11 Feb 2006
4907 Posts
Portland
Unstrapped

PostMon Feb 19, 07 8:13 pm     Reply with quote

Seal Beach is one of the better spots just south of Long Beach.

Rat Beach is just north of Palos Verdes

RAt.JPG 
   Seal Beach.JPG 

weegi

Since 05 Jul 2006
37 Posts
Bend, Oregon

PostTue Feb 20, 07 10:47 am     Reply with quote

whats a IKO card?

Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostTue Feb 20, 07 11:06 am     Reply with quote

weegi wrote:
whats a IKO card?

From the International Kiteboarding Organization (IKO) web site: http://www.ikointl.com/ikocard.php?menu_id=1

Students who learn in an IKO Kiteboarding Center with an IKO instructor or independent instructor receive their kiteboarder card.

The IKO Kiteboarder Card certifies your level according to your skills and allows schools, instructors and shops to be aware of your competencies.

Thanks to the Kiteboarder Card, you can easily continue to learn in any IKO affiliated kiteboarding centers located worldwide.

Moreover, some centers request you present your card in order to rent equipment, which is a great way to promote safety.

Thanks to the Kiteboarder Card, you benefit from discounts and save money in shops taking part in the IKO kiteboarder Card Advantages program around the world.
Learn more

The tables offer a detailed explanation of the different skill levels that you can achieve. Arrow http://www.ikointl.com/student_standards.php?menu_id=1

The certification standards have been designed to:
- validate your levels, from your first body drag to your first jump,
- allow instructors to know exactly what you have learnt and from what point to take up your training,
- allow kiteboarding centers to know exactly what kind of equipment you are capable of renting.
The Kiteboarder Card also allows you to get discounts in selected stores around the world. Every instructor must give his student his card!

Scribble

Since 18 Nov 2005
636 Posts
NoPo
Addicted

PostTue Feb 20, 07 12:08 pm     Reply with quote

How do the IKO certifications usually work if you already know how to kite? Do they make you do all of the trivial stuff to show them or do they kind of jump you forward based on your ability? Also how much does the certification cost? One part of me thinks that it will be a waste of time and money and the other part of me thinks it would be nice to have if you get stuck somewhere with a kite in two pieces and you need to rent.

Andy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: