Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Idiot KILLED the tree in Stevenson
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
marina

Since 16 Jan 2006
150 Posts
California coast
Stoked

PostThu May 07, 15 11:02 am     Reply with quote

long live the Dangler!

Shameful that some selfish a-hole would think this was okay!

Newbie poster obviously has no idea of the many contributions that the Bolstad's have given to our sport for no other reason than their passion for kiteboarding and the fact that they are damn good people.

Check out our new instruction resource
site, www.thekiteboarderschool.com

ircamocim

Since 10 Jul 2006
28 Posts

PostThu May 07, 15 11:15 am    Dont F$%! with The Dangler! Reply with quote

Tony - How about setting up a bounty reward fund with the port? I'lll kick in $50. It cant take much to get one of this loser's friends to rat him / her out.

Once caught, new tree fundraiser cage match with The Dangler!

ircamocim

Since 10 Jul 2006
28 Posts

PostThu May 07, 15 11:28 am    Against my better judgement .... Reply with quote

Gardner -

Some could make the argument that you too are taking up a spot .... the good ol days, 2 line Wipikas and Torques, no Walking Man Brewing and no selfish narcissists "improving" the launch.

Sella

Since 21 Apr 2007
1794 Posts
Doin' The Dalles
FLY'IN HIGH PIE GUY

PostThu May 07, 15 1:12 pm    Re: Garden is a punk ass coward Reply with quote

dangler wrote:
It was done with a handsaw, and I strongly suspect local young punks.

Factoring the extent of damage.......I surely hope asshat would have been sawing long enough to smile for the webcam.

fisherman

Since 06 Aug 2007
113 Posts

Stoked

PostThu May 07, 15 5:12 pm     Reply with quote

Looking a that tree so many times I was wondering, is this tree older or younger than Dangler? Now we know the truth. Only 25 short years. And Dangler is like 70?

wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1634 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostFri May 08, 15 5:22 am     Reply with quote

Someone on the beach came up with a good idea yesterday for at least a partial funding scheme:
How about a few custom boards with deluxe wood stringers harvested from this tree? (Once it's determined to by hopeless) North Pacific? Doyle? Slingshot?
"The Stevenson Commemorative" ?

fisherman

Since 06 Aug 2007
113 Posts

Stoked

PostFri May 08, 15 6:02 am     Reply with quote

Or, we could built a small shed for Dangler, so he wouldn't have to live in his van from boards harvested from this now dead tree. I think the treehuggers should organize a funeral for it first.

shannon

Since 15 Aug 2006
126 Posts

Bolstad Clan

PostFri May 08, 15 6:02 am     Reply with quote

Remember when there were bushes catching the lines of the launching/landing kites? They slowed down the launch so much with constant line tangles.
Remember that rock that used to in the water directly down wind of where people launched (or the local youth did their ticks)? I know Grom, Ben Chambers, Dangler, myself and many others have bounced off of it a few times.
Those were real hazards.

Anyone who calls/things a tree is a hazard is just silly. Especially because there are so many kite beaches in the Gorge (or the entire world) that don't have trees on them.

That tree will forever be in countless kiteboarding pictures
 That tree will forever be in countless kiteboarding pictures  Tree.JPG 

AKkiter

Since 31 Aug 2008
181 Posts
Montavilla
Stoked

PostFri May 08, 15 7:31 am     Reply with quote

What sort of kooky-minded f_ckhead would do such a cowardly thing....and why?
That tree was great sun shade and added so much character to the launch site. WTF is wrong with all these issues this year??
If a crowdsource fund is created- I will contribute to it- to replace the tree. I am really pissed this happened and hope we can find the SOB and fine the hell out of them.

Kruse

Since 21 Oct 2005
63 Posts

PostFri May 08, 15 8:19 am     Reply with quote

What a D-BAG move. That was the perfect tree in the perfect spot. I will contribute if a crowd fund is set up. The board stringer idea sounds cool.

tonyb

Since 09 Oct 2006
973 Posts
Stevenson in the summer & SPI in the winter
Bolstad Clan

PostFri May 08, 15 9:56 am     Reply with quote

The Port had an arborist look at the tree the evening it was discovered and the prognosis wasn't very good. There is a slight chance it could grow around the scar and support itself as there is still a little bit left connected on one side. But with the summer winds coming it may present more of a hazard by leaving it up.

I like the ideas for getting some use out of the tree if/when it has to come down. Maybe John Bellacera could use some of the wood in the boards he makes.

Shannon is right, there were other hazards at the launch and they were dealt with correctly by group action and not some selfish person taking it on themselves. The tree really wasn't a hazard and it would have been just fine the way it was.

Tony

Gman

Since 11 Feb 2006
4907 Posts
Portland
Unstrapped

PostFri May 08, 15 11:00 am     Reply with quote

odds say this isn't a kiter - lots of deranged people - much smaller sub-set of deranged tree hating kiters...

does make one really sad...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eu2pBpQolKE

dangler

Since 26 Feb 2006
1744 Posts
WINDY SPOTS
XTreme Poster

PostFri May 08, 15 12:07 pm    asshat struck again Reply with quote

The fuktard went back and finished the job. sawed additional inches all around. two nights in a row. maybe he'll go back tonite to finish and the tree will fall on his head. Karmic retribution. Oh, if only I had fifty of det cord. BOOM goes the fuktard! Twisted Evil

dangler

Since 26 Feb 2006
1744 Posts
WINDY SPOTS
XTreme Poster

PostFri May 08, 15 12:13 pm    This can't be Reply with quote

I propose we band together and raise a reward fund, I think it likely this idiot will brag to someone about it. I'll kick in a hundred, and I'm as poor as a church mouse. Can't abide this miscreant getting away with this. If it doesn't result in finding said punk ass bitch, the fund could be used to put in an even bigger tree. Idea

What say, Tony? Reward info would need a broader platform than this forum, in the unlikely event it's not a kiter reading these words right now. Mad

tonyb

Since 09 Oct 2006
973 Posts
Stevenson in the summer & SPI in the winter
Bolstad Clan

PostFri May 08, 15 12:32 pm     Reply with quote

I'm up for a reward and I'll personally contribute to it. I'll discuss with John and see if the Port can participate as well.

Tony

marina

Since 16 Jan 2006
150 Posts
California coast
Stoked

PostFri May 08, 15 1:06 pm     Reply with quote

When will they know if anybody got the culprit on video? Can't believe the person actually came back to finish the job!

Check out our new instruction resource
site, www.thekiteboarderschool.com

C Johnson

Since 17 Apr 2009
853 Posts
Seattle
Opinionated

PostFri May 08, 15 2:04 pm     Reply with quote

tonyb wrote:
The Port had an arborist look at the tree the evening it was discovered and the prognosis wasn't very good. There is a slight chance it could grow around the scar and support itself as there is still a little bit left connected on one side. But with the summer winds coming it may present more of a hazard by leaving it up.

I like the ideas for getting some use out of the tree if/when it has to come down. Maybe John Bellacera could use some of the wood in the boards he makes.

Shannon is right, there were other hazards at the launch and they were dealt with correctly by group action and not some selfish person taking it on themselves. The tree really wasn't a hazard and it would have been just fine the way it was.

Tony

Maybe it could be turned into something more permanent than a board? boards end up turning to trash in the long run. Perhaps the wood could be used to build a park bench/picnic table or structure at the Stevenson launch. Maybe some of it could also be used to make the KB4C, Blowout, BOTG trophies?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: