Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Your Favorite Session in 2006?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2575 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostFri Dec 29, 06 9:57 am    Your Favorite Session in 2006? Reply with quote

Mine was back in June when the Northern Strip just went nuts. Kiters were out on the beach all day long. It was a kite-fest, produced and scheduled purely my Mother Nature and so many familiar faces were there to enjoy!

Looking forward to a windy '07! Cool Cool Cool

Last edited by Wind Slither on Sat Dec 30, 06 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Moto

Since 03 Sep 2006
2698 Posts
Still a gojo pimp!
Moto Mouth

PostFri Dec 29, 06 10:00 am     Reply with quote

Mine was a Thursday sometime in July. I normally kite on the weekends when its crowded - but I took a day off because the winds were ripping and I had so much room - it was awesome - I practiced jumping all day!!!

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostFri Dec 29, 06 10:48 am     Reply with quote

Good thread, so hard to decide.

Definitely the weekend Slither is talking about was an epic, check out pics here:
http://www.nwkite.com/forums/t-1789.html

Most memorable sessions were kitelooping it up with 30 or so other guys and gals in the Bridge of the Gods tourney (just nuts seeing everybody huck it), and my 6 hour Newport jetty solo session in full suit, booties, in thick fog.

Felt like a total rockstar doing a medium sized downloop+frontroll+grab transition right in front of a boat full of coast guard peeps who gave me a roaring response. Kiting can screw your ego up you know. Wink

Then there were all the hot days in the eastern Gorge. Cold beer in hand post sesh, tired and happy. Those seshs all seem to blur together, hard to pick one out but it was always good times.

Inept_Fun

Since 14 Apr 2005
1417 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostFri Dec 29, 06 12:28 pm     Reply with quote

My most fun week of kiting was definately the week all the slingy peeps were in town.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
tonyb

Since 09 Oct 2006
973 Posts
Stevenson in the summer & SPI in the winter
Bolstad Clan

PostFri Dec 29, 06 4:22 pm     Reply with quote

My favorite sesh was the Friday photo op the day before the Bridge of the Gods. The wind was great, everybody was out throwin' their best for the camera guys and we had a great crowd on the beach to cheer everyone on. And some of my stuff worked that day! Cool

Kraemer

Since 24 Apr 2006
1735 Posts
Sky Pilot
Unicorn Captain

PostFri Dec 29, 06 6:39 pm     Reply with quote

Have to say one of the most memorable days for me was when Amery brought out the slingshot crew and all the links to SI for the BBQ. It was on a Thursday. For me, it was the only REALLY good after-work session at SI all summer. BOG was really fun too! I'm regret I missed the coastal blowout....

lance_k

Since 04 May 2005
561 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostSat Dec 30, 06 9:37 am     Reply with quote

i think it was the downwinder from roads end to nescott with 7 amigos... spanking 3-5 foot swell before sunset.

bonfire finish, beer, bud, ladies and a bunch of dogs. a killer birthday celibration for mike birch.

TWIN-FIN

Since 24 May 2006
805 Posts
Portland, OR
Hot Monkey

PostSat Dec 30, 06 12:42 pm     Reply with quote

My favorate Sesh....too many to chose from.
It seems to me that each and everyday I got to kite was an awesome day.
That cold day back in March body dragging, everybody thought I was a total nut bag. Or the time when Jeff and Tom saved my ass after the drowning perpetual kite loop that I was trying to perfect. How about the time where Tony draged me and my deflated kite from the middle of the channel. And when Shannon road all the way up to Cascade locks to retrive my board for me. Or when I tweeked my knee and Mike told me to use my board a a crutch to hobble back to shore. And the time that my brand new kite drop out of the sky on to some nasty sharp coastal tree and Big Jeff landed his kite and pulled my kite out of the tree for me. And the time where JK and Chris were yelling at me from the shore "Swim Like A Mother F$%#er, this is your last take out". And the time where Nate (AKA BALLER) just disapeared early in the morning, only to find out that he went on an epic 20 mile down winder by him self. Or when my new kites would not fly for me after a flustrating 4hr of trying everything I could do. I finally gave up trying and everybody I was with that rainy day let me ride thier equipment Trevor, Phil, JK, Big Jeff.

Upon reflection, each and every day that I have got to go kiteboarding has been a really great experience for me. For me its the quality of the people who are involved in this sport that make is all worth while.

I have tryed to return the favor in the form of BEER as a token of my appreation. I felt as though I needed to start driving a beer truck when ever I went kiteboarding.

Thanks to everyone who has assissted me and provided me with endless positive feed back...You know how you are.

I look forward to many more unforgetable kiteboarding experiances in 2007.

But most memorable of all, the simple phrase

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: