Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Blonde Mike from Hood River who was on a Rebel on Monda
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Justsmile

Since 20 Jul 2009
1523 Posts
Not Portland
XTreme Poster

PostWed Aug 06, 14 4:47 pm     Reply with quote

Ding Ding- this is only supposed to happen when there is no wind. Pull your panties out of a wad and get back on the water.

wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1634 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostWed Aug 06, 14 6:05 pm     Reply with quote

Why do people self launch in a crowd? Just curious, and uninformed. I saw this last Friday when the spit was full-up. Upwind of busy riggers who might miss an errant crazy kite flying at them.

Gman

Since 11 Feb 2006
4907 Posts
Portland
Unstrapped

PostWed Aug 06, 14 7:17 pm     Reply with quote

See I didn't catch that the Hurricane was doing his backrolls on land - I thought he was landing his strapless backroll in the water in front of alter ego - this would have also made me really mad and pretty jealous

Still think the Peruvian hug - bitchslapfest - hug has some legs as a viable sandbar grievance resolution alternative...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eu2pBpQolKE

AlterEgo

Since 25 Jul 2014
6 Posts

Kook

PostWed Aug 06, 14 9:26 pm     Reply with quote

To set the record straight, I dont know Mike and he was off before I had time to confront him, which was probably good.
Others who saw him self launching around them and then doing a backroll on the spit 3' behind me and two others were the ones who told me who he was and that he is known for doing "stupid" things. So the assumption that I ran home to my cell phone is not accurate. I guess that I am surprised that a kite forum, which is supposed to promote a sport as opposed to social graces would be more concerned about defending harsh words over safety.

chrissmack

Since 08 Jun 2005
515 Posts
portland
Addicted

PostWed Aug 06, 14 9:40 pm     Reply with quote

boring.

report back when you've punched him in the face.

jblum

Since 13 Jul 2008
305 Posts
The Gorge
Obsessed

PostWed Aug 06, 14 11:23 pm    Post counter Reply with quote

Involvement on community kite forum scorecard:

WINDUDE - 445

AlterEgo - 6... maybe 7 if you keep bitching

Mike is a friend, a very skilled rider, a very good teacher, and mostly very well liked in the community. I don't think you'll get a lot of people backing you here... you're still a kook on nwkite...

hilton

Since 15 Aug 2008
789 Posts

Opinionated

PostThu Aug 07, 14 6:23 am     Reply with quote

If you made a list of everyone who has ever been showing off, doing something careless, or endangering themselves and others on or around the sandbar it would be a very long list...

user124

Since 02 Aug 2012
390 Posts
Portland
Obsessed

PostThu Aug 07, 14 6:50 am     Reply with quote

AlterEgo wrote:
To set the record straight, I dont know Mike and he was off before I had time to confront him, which was probably good.
Others who saw him self launching around them and then doing a backroll on the spit 3' behind me and two others were the ones who told me who he was and that he is known for doing "stupid" things. So the assumption that I ran home to my cell phone is not accurate. I guess that I am surprised that a kite forum, which is supposed to promote a sport as opposed to social graces would be more concerned about defending harsh words over safety.

If you go through and look at the threads on this forum you would see people generally are appropriately concerned about safety. It also is an internet forum, so there is plenty of joking and bullshit for entertainment.

The issue is that all we have is a poor description from someone new to the forum of some possibly unsafe activity. Unfortunately your report is also peppered with hateful language and offensive slurs, so you immediately lose any credibility. You also come off as kind an asshole, and someone who seems to have a short temper - not the type of person readily welcomed into the kite community (or any community for that matter).

I think you underestimate the importance of social graces.

forrest

Since 21 Jun 2005
4329 Posts
Hood River
Hick

CGKA Member

PostThu Aug 07, 14 7:15 am     Reply with quote

That's exactly it. Lets all chill out and get back on the water.

user124 wrote:
If you go through and look at the threads on this forum you would see people generally are appropriately concerned about safety. It also is an internet forum, so there is plenty of joking and bullshit for entertainment.

The issue is that all we have is a poor description from someone new to the forum of some possibly unsafe activity. Unfortunately your report is also peppered with hateful language and offensive slurs, so you immediately lose any credibility. You also come off as kind an asshole, and someone who seems to have a short temper - not the type of person readily welcomed into the kite community (or any community for that matter).

I think you underestimate the importance of social graces.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: