Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Tuesday Night at the Races...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostWed Jun 29, 05 8:19 am    Tuesday Night at the Races... Reply with quote

Great time last night in some serious wind... I'll let Aaron post the official resutls, but your top three are:

1) Amery-Cabrina
2) Alex-Slingshot
3) Jon-Naish

Enjoy the pictures... Thanks, Jon Malmberg

Jon and Alex joking at the finish... Knuckle heads actually got lines tangled and entertained everyone with a Houdini escape while keeping everything in the air.  Photo by: Pete Goodrich...
 Jon and Alex joking at the finish... Knuckle heads actually got lines tangled and entertained everyone with a Houdini escape while keeping everything in the air. Photo by: Pete Goodrich...  28june05_kitercross004_post.jpg 
Alex and Jason coming across the finish of lap one.  Photo: Pete Goodrich
 Alex and Jason coming across the finish of lap one. Photo: Pete Goodrich  28june05_kitercross001_post.jpg 
Nate makes it across.  Photo: Pete Goodrich
 Nate makes it across. Photo: Pete Goodrich  28june05_kitercross007_post.jpg 
Third Place...  Jon Malmberg   Photo: Pete Goodrich
 Third Place... Jon Malmberg Photo: Pete Goodrich  28june05_kitercross003_post.jpg 
Second Place...  Alex Petterson   Photo: Pete Goodrich
 Second Place... Alex Petterson Photo: Pete Goodrich  28june05_kitercross008_post.jpg 
And... your fastest guy of the night... Amery, with a wave to his fans.  Photo: Pete Goodrich
 And... your fastest guy of the night... Amery, with a wave to his fans. Photo: Pete Goodrich  28june05_kitercross002_post.jpg 
Your Tuesday Night Racers, minus a Bam Bam who was behind the camera...
 Your Tuesday Night Racers, minus a Bam Bam who was behind the camera...  28june05_kitercrossgroup001_post.jpg 

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostWed Jun 29, 05 8:36 am     Reply with quote

Hey it was a buncha fun, thanks Aaron! I'll be out there next Tuesday for sure!

Next time too I'll try to avoid the kite crash right in the middle of the salom section (became a natural obstacle for everyone.) Confused

Thanks again!

p.s. Bammer - your camera is amazing, it was super low light when you took that group photo, can't believe it turned out that well. Thumb's Up

Airnsails

Since 22 Jun 2005
104 Posts
Hood River, OR
Stoked

PostWed Jun 29, 05 11:00 am    Week 2 race results Reply with quote

[b]Week 2 top 10 Race Results[/b]

30 knots winds made week 2 a race for the big boys. Every week the course changes. Last week was a race around Wells Island and back. This week started with a half mile upwind leg, then half a mile back downwind, through a buoy slalom course in the middle of a RRD photo shoot, around the outer sand island, another upwind leg, and one more time through the slalom course to the finish line

The start was a little confusing to a few of the riders because the fog horn I blew wasn’t heard in the nuking winds, but as riders began crossing the start line, the rest of the crew figured it out. Amery got out in front and never looked back, he had the right size kite and was in a league of his own. Alex Peterson was one of those confused riders and started at the back of the pack. Half way through the course, he came into the slalom section at mach 10 in fifth place and passed a rider on the inside line of the buoys only feet away from his competition right in front of the spectators. From the shore, It was an awesome sight being so close to the action. Somehow on Alex’s last upwind leg he caught up to Bam Bam in the final stretch and barely edged him out for a much deserved second place (Bam Bam would disagree). The rest of the crew battled it and just when I thought I lost a rider, The Blue Airush guy came cruising across the finish line determined to complete the course. Nice job! Once again free Red Bull and Full Sail at the post race party in the parking lot. Thanks to all of you who participated and see you next week. Spread the word.

Aaron Sales
KX event organizer

1-Amery Bernard Cabrinha, ASI (Gorge Games Freestyle champ)
2-Alex Peterson Slingshot (Snowkite Champion)
3-Bam Bam Naish (Official KX photographer)
4-Cheyne Swick Slingshot, Storm Warning (KX pitcrew)
5-John Bellacera Windwing
6-Jason Frink Naish
7-Nate Reagan Slingshot
8-Pierce Louise Wipika
9- Philip Dax Best
10-Blue Airush guy (Sorry) Airush

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostWed Jun 29, 05 12:05 pm     Reply with quote

Hey put Toby (blue airush guy) in front of me... I was a "DNF" ... as I crashed my kite in the slalom and had drifted past the last buoy and didn't go back to re-do it. He actually finished the course though (even though he was on a 5.7m kite!)

Next time I will try to be a little more careful. Very Happy

colby

Since 23 Apr 2005
613 Posts
Celebrity
Photographer

PostWed Jun 29, 05 1:42 pm     Reply with quote

such a great little community of people....cheers to you all!

dangerD

Since 27 Jun 2005
223 Posts
Bingen Heights
Stoked

PostMon Jul 04, 05 12:52 am    Pretty Boys Photos Reply with quote

Did you notice in the Team Tuesday Tugfest photo that all the guys are wearing surf trunks?? Those of us with a windsurfing background know there is pretty much no reason to wear those things unless you're "less endowed". Come on. When I go to the "gay Bar", Im glad to show off my package. Maybe you'll see it next tuesday

I call it the "double dangle"
 I call it the "double dangle"  rex2_1.jpg 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: