Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

No More Direct Flights On Hawaiian??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
sirmichaelo

Since 26 Mar 2010
353 Posts
Maui
Obsessed

PostThu Mar 15, 12 2:52 am    No More Direct Flights On Hawaiian?? Reply with quote

I was working at the bar tonight on the island and a guy told me that he had just gotten in from Portland but that the flight was super long because he had to go to Honolulu first and then to Maui. I asked him 'Why didn't you just fly direct" and he said that Hawaiian Airlines stopped providing a direct flight from Portland to Maui.

Is this true?

I have much love for Alaskan Airlines but are they now the ONLY direct from PDX without having to go PDX to HNL to OGG?

Just curious.

hawaiian-air.jpg 
   40image.jpg 

Life is too short for second chances, although we do get many of them.

Thio

Since 29 Sep 2008
98 Posts
Portland

PostThu Mar 15, 12 7:30 am    Direct on Wednesday Reply with quote

I'm flying direct on Wednesday from Portland to Maui on Hawaiian. I bought my tickets a few months ago so not sure if something has changed since. Sure hope not.

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostThu Mar 15, 12 12:35 pm     Reply with quote

Just pulled up the flights... It's true. Hawaiian no longer flies PDX OGG. Thio, I'd call Hawaiian and see what's up because there is no Maui flight on Wednesday from PDX on Hawaiian.

Alaska has two flights on a number of days. The loads were never high enough to support two daily flights; I'm guessing Alaska added flights just to chase Hawaiian out of the market. Alaska's superior mainland feed system would be tough for Hawaiian to beat.

PostThu Mar 15, 12 2:42 pm     Reply with quote

Hawaiian Air charged extra for golf/kite bags, many people including myself got bent over by them. Glad to have Alaska air pick up the slack.

GorgeKite.com

Since 17 Mar 2008
225 Posts
Hood River
Stoked

PostSat Mar 24, 12 9:10 am    non stop to maui Reply with quote

I said it once I will say it again "Hawaiian Air can suck my balls!"

tautologies

Since 24 Aug 2006
602 Posts
Oahu
Addicted

PostSun Mar 25, 12 1:12 pm     Reply with quote

having had to sleep at maui ariport because of Hawaii I'd join in...only I wouldn't even let Hawaii suck my balls.

jackZ

Since 13 Apr 2008
355 Posts
Devon Alberta ca.
Obsessed

PostMon Mar 26, 12 6:35 pm     Reply with quote

Hi Guys ,
I read the negative and it sucks about this airlines attitude .
I just saw the beginning of Hawaii Five 0 . They show kiteboarders and Hawaiian air together . I wonder if Hollywood knows of the way they treat kiters - surfers on Hawaiian , or would they give a hoot . Probably not unless all kiters openly supported Bridgette Bardot and her little seal friends . Or started adopting little children from foreign countries .
What a screwed up situation . I read an article yesterday ( Linkedin App ) about the excessive use of carryon luggage due to the costs of checked . Get this !, it stated that airlines are considering enlarging the overhead bins to aid the passengers !? WTF !
Now take a deep breath , let it out and repeat until the throbbing stops .
JackZ

sirmichaelo

Since 26 Mar 2010
353 Posts
Maui
Obsessed

PostTue Mar 27, 12 1:04 am     Reply with quote

It sounds like anyone can suck funktron's balls.

Oh yeah Ow**, I said it.

Hahaha

Life is too short for second chances, although we do get many of them.

consumer

Since 28 Nov 2010
406 Posts
banned
Obsessed

PostTue Mar 27, 12 6:33 am     Reply with quote

I am obsessed with O's "dark side"....

tautologies

Since 24 Aug 2006
602 Posts
Oahu
Addicted

PostTue Mar 27, 12 4:16 pm     Reply with quote

jackZ wrote:
Hi Guys ,
I read the negative and it sucks about this airlines attitude .
I just saw the beginning of Hawaii Five 0 . They show kiteboarders and Hawaiian air together .

Well Hawaiian is a sponsor of 5-O. The kiter you see is a local kiter, Anne, she never knew she was on it until I told her. When she contacted them they said it was just a general shot and sent her a check. Funny really.

Most of the Southshore kiters just know of the show when they try to close our beach for filming. That said, I snuck out once. So if you see a bright red bolt in the background you know who is kooking out.

ecameron

Since 29 Jul 2009
90 Posts
PDX

PostTue Mar 27, 12 5:25 pm     Reply with quote

consumer wrote:
I am obsessed with O's "dark side"....

Sure there's a few girls in mex that could get you some research data to quench that obsession.

Oh wait, you meant his slingy board......

Sorry O-dog had to out ya. Twisted Evil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: