Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Splicing Spectra line

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
jbrickner

Since 29 Aug 2006
5 Posts

Kook

PostTue Aug 29, 06 1:47 pm    Splicing Spectra line Reply with quote

Looking for advice on a broken front line.

He all, wondering if anyone has had any luck in Splicing spectra line. You know where you take a needle and insert both ends into the hollow braid of the other about 6". I don't want to buy a new set of lines and don't want to mix and match Q-line and the original Spectra.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Wyo Kiter

Since 09 Mar 2006
148 Posts
In a VAN, down by the RIVER.
Stoked

PostTue Aug 29, 06 4:56 pm     Reply with quote

IMHO...buy new lines, or replace both centers with Q-line.
Helping companys to innovate bricks-and-clicks supply-chains and orchestrate real-time content to deliver customized channels to scale strategic e-services and facilitate global e-markets which will incubate 24/7 niches and seize dot-com channels.

Inept_Fun

Since 14 Apr 2005
1417 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostWed Aug 30, 06 8:16 am     Reply with quote

or just get a spool of Q line and do all 4 lines. I dont think it would be the best idea to have different types of line on your bar, but I dont really know.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Inept_Fun

Since 14 Apr 2005
1417 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostWed Aug 30, 06 8:17 am     Reply with quote

Actually Take that back, I have a set of 4 lines brand new in the package for 40 bux. They are colored and everything. 25m. The 25m here in the shop are 65 so u would be saving some money.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sol-flyer

Since 21 Mar 2006
1280 Posts
Dude, where's my Bus?
Otto Mann

PostMon Sep 04, 06 2:49 pm     Reply with quote

Wyo Kiter wrote:
IMHO...buy new lines, or replace both centers with Q-line.

the pro-line is great stuff, ultra strong and durable...the one thing is it whistle's in the wind.

also,
one of my bar setup's has proline for center lines, and naish (spectra) lines for the rear. this helps reduce line drag by 80%, althought its somthing more like 50%. what this enable's is quicker turns and more response...but one problem is it's a real pain in the ass when your lines get tangled.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: