Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Close-in spots today?
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
alleycat

Since 29 Jun 2006
176 Posts
Portland
Stoked

PostSun Sep 03, 06 7:21 am     Reply with quote

WOW.. thank you very much for the detailed map. I will keep my eye on the Sauvie's wind report untill early afternoon, if the wind is not looking like it will pick up I will be headed to the airport for a nice afternoon session.

Thanks again

Alleycat

Moto

Since 03 Sep 2006
2698 Posts
Still a gojo pimp!
Moto Mouth

PostSun Sep 03, 06 11:39 am     Reply with quote

Alley Cat - just a little more detail at Sauvie's island. Most of the kiteboarders park and launch at the edge of the gravel parking lot - right before it turns into a dirt road. There is a house that is right there. However, sometimes this area gets crowded with fishermen, children, families with their dogs and so on. So a group of kiteboarders will generally go maybe two hundred yards west along the beach.

One more thing - the area where the kiteboarders are is a clothing required section - however, there are plenty of times where the nude part is better - so you will see guys launch their kites from the clothing section and then walk a while to get to the windier and nude part of the beach. Just keep an eye out for what the other ktieboarders are doing and if they are able to stay up wind.

And as far as the nude part of Sauvie's island goes - its pretty much the same thing as rooster rock - the older and fatter you are the more of a need you have to be seen naked - oh and if thats not enough to steer you away from the naked part of the beach, most of the naked people are dudes.

Have fun and I'll probably see you out there. I ride a 19 meter '04 slingshot fuel that is yellow and black - I'm generally the only guy with a 19 meter fuel.

Rico

Since 13 Mar 2005
1219 Posts
Vancouver
Photographer

PostSun Sep 03, 06 5:02 pm    FYI: Watch out for planes at PDX Reply with quote

If you jump high enough you might get an unexpected ride down a runway....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: