Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Where to find wind if your Jonesin'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Rico

Since 13 Mar 2005
1219 Posts
Vancouver
Photographer

PostSun Aug 20, 06 9:27 am    Where to find wind if your Jonesin' Reply with quote

Where to find wind if your Jonesin'

Solid 9m all day.......

Wind
 Wind  Wind.jpg 

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostMon Aug 21, 06 7:30 am     Reply with quote

Nice shot Henry but you guys are all riding the wrong spot, you gotta get over to the washington side and above the tip of the island up there... sweet little flat water spot. Very Happy

Sandbar was pretty good yesterday, I shuttled the girls up to Wells Island on the jet ski where it was blowing probably 18-22. The sandbar was rideable most the afternoon, but there was a 45 minute window where it was really good. Jamie, Topher, and Jobe were all throwing down some sick shit.

Sorry if I pissed anyone off in the flat water at the sandbar, tight riding conditions for sure!

bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostMon Aug 21, 06 8:00 am     Reply with quote

Hatchery was butter smooth 12m from 1:30pm on... Pretty darn uncrowded as well. Drove back into town around 6:30pm to catch dinner and could not believe how many kites blown up and sitting out on the sandbar finger.

Great day for the initially meager forecast...

kt

Since 16 Mar 2005
759 Posts
Portland, Or
Opinionated

PostMon Aug 21, 06 8:47 am     Reply with quote

uh, pardon my ignorance but, where is this? it looks really nice and uncrowded so, could you spare some knowledge?

thanks
kt

NateDogg

Since 05 Mar 2005
627 Posts
I caught your mom on
cineaptic.com

PostMon Aug 21, 06 9:59 am     Reply with quote

Jone's Bitch is a bit over halfway between Portland and Astoria on highway 30. Just outside of Claskanie look for the sign on the right hand side of the road, opposite a chinese restaurant. Turn right, follow road to the beach.

I've been riding Jones since I learned back when I was 16 and yesterday afternoon was the busiest I've EVER seen it, by a long shot. Shoulda got a picture to compare to Henry's. Counted exactly 30 kites on the water with at least a dozen more on the beach. The cool part was everyone was equally spread between Jones and Nuclear Alley. Killer day for sure.

Kraemer

Since 24 Apr 2006
1735 Posts
Sky Pilot
Unicorn Captain

PostMon Aug 21, 06 10:07 am     Reply with quote

Best day I've ever had at Jones! It was even WARM!

Gman

Since 11 Feb 2006
4907 Posts
Portland
Unstrapped

PostMon Aug 21, 06 11:21 am     Reply with quote

Manzo came up nice around 3PM - looked pretty desperate around noon - some people slogging - put up my 15 fuel and the wind promptly jumps up to 20 - fun but a bit overpowered in the waves. I think there were like 8 kites from the headland to the state park.

kt

Since 16 Mar 2005
759 Posts
Portland, Or
Opinionated

PostMon Aug 21, 06 2:54 pm     Reply with quote

NateDogg wrote:
Jone's Bitch is a bit over halfway between Portland and Astoria on highway 30. Just outside of Claskanie look for the sign on the right hand side of the road, opposite a chinese restaurant. Turn right, follow road to the beach.

hey dogg,

thanks for the info. i have actually been to jones once or twice but, not this season at all. didn't recognize it from the photo.

kt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: