Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Anyone up for downwinder at the coast on Sunday?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
genek

Since 21 Jul 2006
2165 Posts
East Po
KGB

PostSat Aug 12, 06 10:52 am    Anyone up for downwinder at the coast on Sunday? Reply with quote

I'm thinking of heading to the coast for the nice breeze we're supposed to get tomorrow. Anyone interested in carpooling from the Beaverton/Portland area and/or potentially doing a downwinder? I have a car and am willing to drive with some gas $$$. If wind is in 12m range we could ride up North in the Sunset beach area or otherwise head to Manzanita. We could also meet up at the beach if someone wants to do just the downwinder.

Now I'm off to the Gorge before the wind dies.

-Gene

jdk

Since 21 Dec 2005
333 Posts

Obsessed

PostSat Aug 12, 06 9:19 pm     Reply with quote

south jetty to shipwrecks would be the best downwinder option i think. i did shipwrecks to sunset today and the wind really falls off near the end. i'll be out there tommorrow if its blowing again. i'll PM you my cell, get in touch with me if you want to do this one. otherwise it wouldn't be hard to find others going back and forth, there were lots of riders out there today.

jdk

Since 21 Dec 2005
333 Posts

Obsessed

PostSun Aug 13, 06 9:05 am     Reply with quote

Just an FYi here for anyone considering their options. i took a look at the clatstop readings and it looks like the wind was up and down more than i thought. still, i think it was lighter at sunset than this shows, by a bit. before we decided on the downwinder, i was barely able to maintain my ground at sunset with my 17fuel, even going to the outside. i was lit off my butt when we got to shipwrecks! wasn't really looking for hangtime off the ~4-5 footers we experienced, but i got it anyway Wink

i'd say we got to shipwrecks at about 5 and probably got back to sunset at about 6:30. so maybe its normally not so bad to do that route. when we went back up to shipwrecks to pick up the other car, the tide had gone out, the _biggest waves were like 2ft and it was blowing nicely. it looked like sauvies, i had never seen such a thing on the coast. i would have rigged again but it was getting late. hoping for more today Twisted Evil

12 Aug 7:15 pm NNW 16
12 Aug 6:45 pm NNW 14
12 Aug 6:15 pm 15
12 Aug 5:45 pm NNW 14
12 Aug 5:15 pm 17
12 Aug 5:00 pm 15
12 Aug 4:45 pm NNW 15
12 Aug 4:15 pm NNW 17
12 Aug 3:45 pm NNW 15 Suspect
12 Aug 3:15 pm NNW 16
12 Aug 2:45 pm NNW 13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: