Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

bambam's photos

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
thealohakid

Since 09 Aug 2006
58 Posts
MAUI

PostThu Aug 10, 06 10:27 am    bambam's photos Reply with quote

I FORGOT YOUR WEB PAGE ADDRESS ALREADY. DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING POSTED FROM THIS WEEKEND YET? ANYWAY APPRECIATE ALL YOUR EFFORTS BEHIND THE LENS THIS WEEKEND GLAD YOU GOT OUT FOR A SESION AT THE END THERE. I LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR MAUI TRIP NEXT MONTH!

P.S. ANYBODY ELSE KNOW OTHER SITES WHERE I CAN FIND MORE PHOTOS OR VIDEO FROM THE BRIDGE CONTEST?

THANKS AGAIN

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostThu Aug 10, 06 12:46 pm     Reply with quote

Lots of threads here with photos from the Bridge of the Gods. Just click on anything that says "Bridge of the Gods" or "Stevenson."

BamBam hasn't graced us with his shots yet, which he promises to be of grade "C" quality as the really good ones are saved for the magazines.

Plenty of shots to look at till then though...

bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostThu Aug 10, 06 1:05 pm     Reply with quote

Ah Phillip,

They are coming soon! Darn light for that event is never too great, but there should be some decent shots. Should have them up and posted by this time tomorrow!!!

Jon

PS: Alohakid... Are you Paul??? If so, nice ripping last Sunday and there will definitley be some images of you posted... Looks like Maui might have to be delayed a bit...dang nabbit this real job thang.

www.jbamphoto.com

Unfortunately my webpage is about four months behind. Look for some cool images in both the next Kiteboarding and Windsurfing Magazines... Also, Brian Wheeler has a very cool article coming out in SBC Kiteboarding... Can't divulge the topic, but pics were... SAWEET!

J.P.

Since 10 Mar 2005
638 Posts

Addicted

PostThu Aug 10, 06 1:26 pm     Reply with quote

bambam wrote:
Ah Phillip,
Looks like Maui might have to be delayed a bit...dang nabbit this real job thang.

Maui?!?
Maui's yesterday's news…. now Brazil for the month of November is a different story!!!

bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostThu Aug 10, 06 1:53 pm     Reply with quote

Huh!?

At least yesterdays news is a quick flight, buddy pickup, and to the beach and out riding ten minutes later... Just cause it is "yesterdays news" does not dimish the fact that when its good, its darn good.

Ain't even that expensive when your throwing down on a friends floor, borrowing a car, and cooking in a real kitchen... I'll take yesterdays news every day I can...

Now, as Penxa says... Since it's sooooo yesterdays news, ya'all go to Brasil and leave lower Kanaha all to me and yesterday...

Jon

PS: He does have a point in that Brazil looks pretty darn sweet... Unfortunately that trip needs to be in excess of two weeks as your gonna loose about three days sitting in an airplane and car...

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostThu Aug 10, 06 2:13 pm     Reply with quote

I wanna go to Brazil, but fuck that 24 hour plane ride... I don't understand, it's just due south, well sorta! Wink

J.P.

Since 10 Mar 2005
638 Posts

Addicted

PostThu Aug 10, 06 4:54 pm     Reply with quote

bambam wrote:

PS: He does have a point in that Brazil looks pretty darn sweet... Unfortunately that trip needs to be in excess of two weeks as your gonna loose about three days sitting in an airplane and car...

You get what you pay for or our willing invest...

I'm planning 3-4 weeks.. kinda along the lines of the lenght of your mexi trip last year.

I'll be think'n of ya from Brazil...

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostThu Aug 10, 06 4:56 pm     Reply with quote

Next stop... Coche, Venezuela, or Fuerteventura!
Last edited by Kataku2k3 on Sat Aug 12, 06 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostThu Aug 10, 06 5:08 pm     Reply with quote

We left for Cozumel at midnight, got there the next day around 3pm (lost two hours to timezone change.) We had plenty of time to go kite that day (though we didn't.) Tickets were around $600. It was windy the whole time except for 2 days. Food was awesome, and the whole island (despite getting whacked by Hurricane Wilma) was really beautiful.

Worth checking out. Thumb's Up

Brazil looks like a sure thing for wind, but the cost and time to get down there definitely puts it on the long stay only list for me.

Kurt

Since 04 Nov 2005
73 Posts

PostThu Aug 10, 06 5:20 pm     Reply with quote

Three weeks in Vietnam this December. Maybe Brazil next year.
Kurt

Mark

Since 20 Jun 2005
3677 Posts
I need my fix because I'm a
Naishaholic

PostThu Aug 10, 06 5:45 pm     Reply with quote

Three weeks in Africa. Leaving Tuesday.
http://www.kitezanzibar.com/

click cluck click ( african for see ya beyotchs )

www.naishkites.com

tonski

Since 11 Jun 2005
332 Posts
NW Portland
Obsessed

PostThu Aug 10, 06 5:56 pm     Reply with quote

Gotta agree with Bammer: Guess I'm still thrilled with "yesterday's news" and love Maui's non-stop flight from PDX with no customs, delays, plane changes, or hassles. You leave in the morning and you're kiting by 2 or 3pm.

When there's no wind, there's always surfing, snorkeling, diving, hiking, and fishing to be had. Lots of cheap places to stay around Paia and Haiku if you know where to look. Can't wait to kite Lanai, too.

Onad and I, Rollo and Jodi are booked for mid-December if anyone else is up for a fun trip. Cheap fares as it's before the holidays. Very Happy

Project_Flightning

Since 10 Oct 2005
47 Posts
Sea-Town & South Beach

PostFri Aug 11, 06 3:50 pm     Reply with quote

wheres them photo's bammers?

pjc

Since 06 Mar 2005
649 Posts

Addicted

PostSat Aug 12, 06 10:14 am     Reply with quote

i thought Dec in Hawaii was the offseason for kiting? HI is a great deal $$ and time wise from the west coast. I'd heard their season was like ours (Mar-Oct) but maybe i heard wrong.

Inept_Fun

Since 14 Apr 2005
1417 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostSat Aug 12, 06 12:09 pm     Reply with quote

Its Mar-Oct if you like 40 knot winds. Im pretty sure in the summer over there it nukes!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: