Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

keep it real,...family

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Sol-flyer

Since 21 Mar 2006
1280 Posts
Dude, where's my Bus?
Otto Mann

PostFri Jul 28, 06 7:29 am    keep it real,...family Reply with quote

so i just wanted to give a heads up to those who are becoming distracted. I cant belive the close knit group kiters are, it seems like i meet some outstanding people everytime i go out. so keep it real and open up to fellow kiters,...if someone's kite gets away and goes downwind...go rescue that shit! if they need help, jump up and do it. this is deffinetly one of the biggest aspects of this sport that admire. but i know that its easy to forget when there's so many peeps out riding...do your part Cool

Quote:
...always have a POSSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE...Troll...

passion,
sol-flyer

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the
retired kiter & motorhead Unicorn Master

PostFri Jul 28, 06 8:55 am     Reply with quote

Word.
Cool

alleycat

Since 29 Jun 2006
176 Posts
Portland
Stoked

PostFri Jul 28, 06 11:17 pm     Reply with quote

I am regular pain in the ass at Sauvie's. I can't count how many times poeple helped me out this season. I am praying to reach the ability to return the stranded kiteboarder's stuff safely to the beach, finally returning the favour.

Thanks guys and gals.

Sol-flyer

Since 21 Mar 2006
1280 Posts
Dude, where's my Bus?
Otto Mann

PostSat Jul 29, 06 8:24 am     Reply with quote

props!,

my "zen meditation" is this: IT WILL HAPPEN TO YOU SOMEDAY. Wink

BigR

Since 05 Jul 2005
372 Posts
White Salmon
Obsessed

PostSat Jul 29, 06 8:44 am     Reply with quote

Big Karma back at whoever found my board and brought it back to the sand spit last sunday!

I dug into a swell with the tip of my board accidently and lost it momentarily then I turned around and couldn't see my board. I bodydragZAGGED when I sdoulda' bodydragZIGGED and ended up
dragging back to spit.

In 9 years of kitesurfing thats the first time I couldn't find my board again but someone else did and brought it back, Thanks Man!

Pay it back.........

NateDogg

Since 05 Mar 2005
627 Posts
I caught your mom on
cineaptic.com

PostSat Jul 29, 06 10:13 pm     Reply with quote

Quote:
Pay it back.........

Yeah, and you never know how quickly the payback might come. I was out last week and saw a guy who got seperated from his board, spotted it, picked it and took it downwind to him. Not ten minutes later the buckle on my harness failed after a crash and my kite (harness and all) went flying downwind. Guess who was right there to pick the kite and bring it to shore for me? I know either one of us would have done the good deed without the reciprocation, but it shows ya just never know when YOU will be that guy who needs the helping hand. Thats why this isn't surfing...kiters are one big (dysfunctional at times) family, and I for one would like to keep it that way. I don't think i could afford the alternatives...

adrianczm

Since 06 Mar 2006
89 Posts
Cozumel, Mexico

PostSun Jul 30, 06 7:45 am    Surf dude attitude.... Reply with quote

Yeah, when I started it was all friends and good attitude on the beach, you meet people and it was a great time all the time, Now seems that the sport in some places are adopting the Surf Dude Attitue: This is my beach!! and I dont want you kiting here. What a shame since the ocean is huge and belongs to all!!

Keep that good attitude everywhere you go and keep making friends on the land as on the water

Keep those kites high!!!

Adrian

PS no offense to surfers, Im one!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: